At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Perform manual duties associated with manufacture of component parts for recreational vehicles. This includes, but is not limited to: Laser Cell, Bender Cell, Secondary Cell and operation of various types of fabrication equipment (saws, presses, drills, etc.)
Polaris Huntsville Internal Promotion / Transfer Requirements (Hourly Grades 3 and Above):
- New Hires must have 1-year Continuous Service from Polaris Hire Date
- 6 Months Between Department Transfers or Promotions
- No Active Corrective Actions
- 3 or Less Attendance Occurrences in each Attendance Category
- Must have received a 'Meets Expectation' in most recent performance review, if applicable.
- Resume Required
- Interview Required
- If selected for the position, you are required to move into the position upon the effective date.
- If you are no longer interested in the position, you must withdraw prior to an offer being presented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work in safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations.
• Maintain a pristine, neat, clean and orderly work area.
• Complete and pass Safety training and required company provided training prior to operating equipment/machinery.
• Perform duties assigned by supervisor in department assigned.
• Use of essential tools including electric, manual and air tools.
• Use of essential measuring equipment including micrometers, calipers, etc.
• Safe operation of all machines/equipment essential in performing duties assigned.
• Accurately complete paperwork required for production records, including labor reporting, SPC charts, scrap tags, production logs, etc.
• Operators will be required to perform basic set-up operations and ensure part quality.
• Participate in Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
• Perform special projects as assigned
• Utilize overhead crane and or forklift – training will be provided
• Operators must be able to work overtime with little to no notice to support the needs of the business.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• HS diploma or equivalent
• One year of experience in a manufacturing fabrication environment
• Strong mechanical aptitude required
• CNC (Machine Controls) experience desired
• Work well in a team environment and independently
• Ability to read and understand routings, drawings and production reports
• Ability to count accurately and follow instructions
• Ability to work overtime and weekends, as production schedules requir
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.