Program LeaderMedina, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Industrial Design Program Leader is the conduit between Industrial Design functions and counterpart development leaders in Product Management, Engineering and Marketing to help guide programs through the Industrial Design phase. They are responsible for collaborating with the leaders of each function to establish and track development schedules, financials including resource planning and refining processes for the Industrial Design phase of each program.
Polaris Industrial Design is a centralized function that is responsible for program support on any Polaris division: Off- Road (Ranger, RZR, General, ATV), On- Road (Indian Motorcycle, Slingshot), Snowmobile and Aftermarket / Acquisitions.
This role is targeted for Off-Road segments although may be open to other divisions based on interest and experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize the Polaris Development Process (PDP) to help define, guide and document Industrial Design deliverables: program schedules, budget (labor and special expense), quality, and performance requirements.
- Participate in and/or present at milestone reviews (design / gate / product team) to ensure adequate input and involvement from all engineering and functional groups and to report on major milestones and project status.
- Monitor and manage program resources and/or services to the program budget. Collaborate with external resources where appropriate.
- Support development of process and evaluate lessons learned for innovation and improvements of efficiency and consistency.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- BS/BA in Engineering or equivalent preferred
- 8+ years of experience in product development, program/project leadership and/or design leadership experience in related industry
- Flexibility with a changing environment
- Strong leadership including interpersonal skills, ability to influence and form cohesive relationships, creative leadership experience a plus
- Excellent technical program planning, organizing and administrative skills with an aptitude in finance and accounting priniples. Demonstrated ability to understand how program objectives, tools and resources relate cross-functionally
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Powersports riding experience or interest in powersports
- Team-based, collaborative, fast-paced, office / studio environment
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.