Mgr, Engineering - PowertrainMonterrey
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Site Engineering Manager is responsible to plan, organize and monitor the activities of Controls Engineering, Project Engineering and Facility Services as it relates to cost estimating, predictive and preventative maintenance of manufacturing equipment, building and grounds. Proactively develop processes to improve overall performance of the team, reduce cost, manage capital requirements and compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop short and long range strategy
- Develops and implements process improvements for maintaining plant equipment, facilities and manufacturing tools. Drives continuous improvements into the quality and consistency of our maintenance workmanship.
- Coordinate the budgeting process for plant capital, tool capital and departmental expenditures.
- Supervise the justification, purchase and installation of capital equipment for new product, cost reduction, expansion or replacement.
- Directly responsible for the supervision of the Controls Engineering, Project Engineering and Facility Maintenance personnel including department organization, performance evaluations and other administrative activities
- Works with Human Resources to develop training programs and materials to develop the Maintenance support staff and professionals.
- Work in safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations.
- Participate in Lean activities including tiered meetings, kaizens, and lean training.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Four year degree required; Industrial, Mechanical, or Manufacturing engineering preferred.
- 3-5 years manufacturing engineering experience in a fast paced production environment
- 3-5 years supervision/management experience required.
- Competent business computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite products
- Outstanding leadership, influence, and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- High energy, able to infuse Polaris culture into organization
- Assembly experience desired
- A seasoned and knowledgeable engineering background who has led in manufacturing production environments. Deep Lean skillsets with proven results. Has built cultures based on continuous improvement, benchmarking and employee engagement.
- Strong project management and problem solving skills required.
- Lean and/or Six Sigma certification a plus.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Office and manufacturing environment. Some travel (<20%) required.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.