Sourcing Specialist IBrooklyn Park, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
As a Sourcing Specialist I, you will manage the supply base to ensure all suppliers meet our four priorities: Delivery, Quality, New Product Integration, and Cost Competitiveness. Working with the commodity team, you will execute according to an established commodity strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES :
- Conduct business within established supplier relationships.
- Identify and communicate internally any supplier concerns or opportunities. Support cost recovery initiatives.
- Support problem resolution discussions with suppliers and ensure the adequacy and timeliness of supplier correction action plans.
- Enter cost changes, assign selected suppliers, and support sourcing projects.
- Prepare and solicit requests for quotes and proposals based on the defined commodity strategy.
- Coordinate and communicate new component releases and design changes with suppliers.
- Provide research and input in order for the commodity leader can assess supplier capability and fit.
- Ensure tooling is appropriate based on cost and quality requirements. Negotiate tooling cost with global suppliers.
Sourcing Priority Management:
- Maintain current costing and communicate cost opportunities when identified. Work with suppliers to resolve price and invoice discrepancies.
- Support supplier quality function in determining root cause, necessary containment and counter measure activities for quality related issues.
- Monitor and drive supplier performance for assigned categories to ensure suppliers are meeting Polaris requirements for quality and delivery.
- Help support part shortages and delivery issues when necessary.
- Support supplier lead-times and production capacity improvement initiatives to ensure schedule flexibility, as needed.
Other Duties as Assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or technical area
- APICS CPIM and/or ISM C.P.M./A.P.P. desired.
- Previous materials/purchasing experience is a plus but is not required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Effective negotiation, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication within team and cross-functionally.
- Highly organized and effective in managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to professionally represent Polaris by developing productive working relationships with suppliers.
- Capable of reading and interpreting engineering documentation and technical data.
- Fundamental knowledge of MAPICS MRP and web-based business systems desired.
- Experienced in presentation abilities, including PowerPoint development. Expected to present to smaller audiences on occasion.
- Knowledge of Project Management tools and ability to assist in tasks assigned by Project Managers.
- Fast-paced office environment.
- 5-25% travel may be required
Global, purchasing, commodity, strategy, category, buyer, procurement, sourcing, operations
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.