Quality Lab TechnicianHuntsville
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage and execute the PPAP system – review qualification submittals by vendors.
2. Perform dimensional verifications on all in-house and vendor components utilizing various measuring devices such as: Micrometers, calipers, bore gages, faro-arm, hardness tester, CMM
3. Ability to read and interpret blueprints, knowledge of GD&T standard.
4. Work with manufacturing, product engineering, purchasing and vendors to resolve quality concerns in a timely manner.
5. Execute dimensional verification on components or product using other means of dimensional verification such as CAD and digitizing techniques.
6. Perform work assignments per Quality Engineer’s instruction and work schedule.
7. Assist in meeting departmental work schedules and company quality standards.
8. Maintain OSHA compliance and corporate safety standards within department and company.
9. Maintain current technical skills on all technical measuring devices as required.
10. Support work load overtime requirements with minimal notice.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
12. Support/maintain housekeeping objectives within the Quality Assurance department and company.
13. Perform other Quality functions/audits that assist in maintaining the Quality standards of the product.
14. Be a leader in the problem solving process by initiating PDCA projects and help in the containment process and also drive actions to implement solutions.
15. Must have the ability to be self directed and work on an off shift with little supervision.
Ability to use lab measurement equipment such as Romer/FARO arms, CMM, and typical hand tools (micrometers, calipers, height gauges, etc.) Ability to analyze and interpret engineering prints and CAD models Ability to work off-shift with little supervision – organized and self-motivating. Strong knowledge of GD&T fundamentals and datum schemes as required to perform accurate analysis of parts/assemblies Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially with regard to relaying technical information to Engineering and Manufacturing in order to drive improvements to products and processes Ability to use Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) for reporting and analyzing data Prior experience with Polyworks and PC-DMIS preferred Prior experience with PPAP approvals is preferred Familiarity with weld fixtures and/or tubing fabrication equipment preferred Process auditing experience preferred
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.