At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Quality Engineer (QE) is responsible for defining and implementing the manufacturing quality system in support of Project Razorback. Project Razorback is launching Indian Midsize Engine Assembly at our Northstar Precision Vietnam (NPV) facility for our customers in the Asian Pacific Region.
Position is a project support role which ends at project completion. Current schedule is a 16-month project with a planned end date of June 2024. At project completion the QE will transition back into a similar role, equal to or better than their previous role, at their home Polaris location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the design and installation of QMS, quality control procedures, sampling processes, and statistical analysis.
- Key role in troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and implementing corrective actions for the mfg. process.
- Assist with local outside vendor part qualifications and initial part quality issues.
- Support project team with production tooling and equipment setup issues.
- Assists with setup of QA Lab inspection, measurement, and testing equipment.
- Establishes and documents critical assembly criteria and process control information.
- Develops in-line inspection criteria and data reviews from online & end of line test equipment.
- Works with the project team in developing quality control training programs
- Assist ME and Quality Techs with pilot builds and selecting proper tools.
- Responsible for supporting the production line on all torque tool related issues
- Apply safety and ergonomic principles when selecting, setting, and placing tools.
- Establish and implement proper tool labeling for the new production line.
- Support static & dynamic torque audits on all joints during practice, PDP, and start of production builds.
- Setup torque database and audit process; train NPV personnel on the usage & audit process
- Implement a tool calibration schedule for NPV.
- Provide and setup tools and audit process for any applicable rework.
- Ensure operators are properly trained on how to use tools and other assembly tasks and implement a sign off process for the new operators
- Support Razorback and NPV teams with other duties such as RMO support, sorting, inspection, troubleshooting, and rework.
- Work closely with other project members to ensure a safe and successful SOP with functioning part qualification, QMS, QA lab, and torque audit programs.
- Ongoing communication of project and task status to the Razorback Team
- B.S. degree in engineering or equivalent.
- 3-5 years quality engineer or quality control engineering experience required.
- Current midsize motorcycle engine assembly knowledge and experience preferred.
- Candidate will be required to train on an existing Indian Engine Assembly Line to gain that in-depth knowledge before traveling to NPV.
- Able to be flexible to meet production, quality, and engineering needs
- Good organizational, problem-solving, leadership, and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask is essential
- Candidate must possess strong people skills and must be able to work with others to solve issue
- Travel requirements of up to 50%. Travel will be to other Polaris Plants as needed for training and benchmarking and will be 1-2 trips per month to NPV for scheduled training, PDP and SOP builds.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.