At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Position can be based in either Minneapolis, MN or Novi, MI (Greater Detroit).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES :
- Manage assigned and establish new supplier relationships to ensure sufficient communication and alignment between the suppliers and Polaris. Participate in the execution of critical supply agreements and LTAs.
- Initiate request for proposal and quote for new parts and part revisions to approved suppliers based on defined commodity strategy and propose supplier selections for assigned commodity.
- Evaluate supplier capability and fit for overall Commodity.
- Identify and execute the implementation of cost reduction projects, supplier exits, and tool transitions.
- Manage cost, schedule, technical, and drawing release status of projects and lead corrective actions as required.
- Execute on the multi-year vision for the commodity, taking into account input from the internal customers, purchasing goals, risk, future growth plans, and broader supply chain strategy.
Sourcing Priority Management:
- Based on the commodity strategy and goals, establish individual supplier cost reduction approaches and quantifiable targets. Then work with suppliers to achieve those targets.
- Utilize tools like: fact based negotiation, should cost modeling, and competitive market analysis to initiate cost reduction projects.
- Establish contractual commitments to ensure longer-term cost savings to meet departmental goals.
- Support supplier quality function in determining root cause, necessary containment and counter measure activities for quality related issues.
- Monitor and drive supplier performance for assigned categories to ensure suppliers are meeting Polaris requirements for quality and delivery.
- Manage supplier capabilities, lead-times, and capacity to ensure on-time delivery of components to support production schedules.
- Helps support part shortages and delivery when necessary.
- Conducts make vs. buy analysis. Prepares and solicits requests for quotes and proposals.
- Lead coordination of resources and schedules between multiple departments to assist in the development, launch, production, and continuation support of production vehicles from multiple facilities.
Other Duties as Assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or technical area
- APICS CPIM and/or ISM C.P.M./A.P.P. desired.
- 4+ years of purchasing or relevant experience (sales, engineering, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Effective negotiation, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication within team and cross-functionally.
- Highly organized and effective in managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to professionally represent Polaris by developing productive working relationships with suppliers.
- Capable of reading and interpreting engineering documentation and technical data.
- Fundamental knowledge of MAPICS MRP and web-based business systems desired.
- Experienced in presentation abilities, including PowerPoint development. Expected to present to operations leadership
- Knowledge of Project Management tools and ability to assist in tasks assigned by Project Managers.
- Fast-paced office environment.
- 5-25% travel may be required
Global, purchasing, commodity, strategy, category, buyer, procurement, sourcing, operations
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.