At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This person will be reporting to the Materials Supervisor for CGD Upfit Center. proactively provide day-to-day plans for the material needed to support the Planning Department to ensure accurate SIOP attainment. This individual must also effectively plan and schedule materials to maintain on-time delivery of Production and Upfit components while attaining inventory turns objectives. Maintain accurate inventory. Responsible for planning, ordering, and expediting materials required. Often works directly with vendors to ensure proper planning and scheduling. Assure all planning data is accurately maintained in Mapics, CRM and PowerLink.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Plan, maintain and communicate purchase releases and manufacturing orders for Production, Upfit and Service components.
• Adhere to SIOP schedules to support orders efficiently and effectively
• Maintain data in Mapics, CRM and PowerLink to assure accurate schedules are being developed and maintained.
• Maintain all open production work orders for assigned components.
• Maintain schedules to assure on-time delivery.
• Work with Engineering to coordinate maintenance and PDP/PPAP requirements. • Expedite material as required from suppliers resulting from inventory variances, rejections, or late deliveries.
• Key entries for scrap and take the necessary recovery action and generates debit memos for returns.
• Plan and confirm material availability for service and rework.
• Resolve/review with warehouse personnel receiving issues, ie: over/shortage reports.
• Assist accounting in resolving receiving or invoicing issues.
• Coordinate the disposition of excess and obsolete inventory.
• Identify and implement procedures to assure smooth production operations and inventory accuracy.
• Refer supplier issues to Buyer, Central Planner and Manager when unable to resolve.
• Involved in decisions related to outsourcing of parts due to scheduling constraints.
• Coordinate deliveries with suppliers for outsourced parts.
• Participates in special projects or assignments as required.
• Abide by all rules and regulations instituted by Polaris – Lean, EHS&S and Engineering Departments
Skills & Knowledge
• High school diploma or GED equivalency
• 1-3 years previous planning/inventory control experience is a plus
• Knowledge of MRP systems
• Current PC/software proficiency including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access & Outlook)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills • Strong organizational and problem-solving skills • Ability to manage and be efficient with multiple tasks
• Two- or four-year college degree – preferred
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.