At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Product Planning Director will lead overall product strategy, planning and execution for Off-Road Electric Vehicles (EV). Leveraging voice of customer (VOC), industry and market insights, this role is responsible for long-range product strategy, product planning, product lifecycle management and portfolio management. The Product Planning Director plays a critical role in growing the EV business globally and is accountable for delivering growth, financial, quality and customer satisfaction goals. This will require partnering cross-functionally in a matrix environment from product conception through commercialization to ensure flawless execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and lead long-range product planning (LRPP) and annual planning to successfully deliver objectives and key results for Off-Road Electric Vehicles (EV)
- Champion and guide the off-road EV product vision, strategy, and plan across the organization
- Analyze global market data, industry insights, and demographic and lifestyle trends to identify and assess new market opportunities that align with strategic growth objectives of the business
- Track technology development trends, global regulatory environment, and competitive activity to identify and anticipate future opportunities and threats
- Represent the voice-of-customer to define compelling and differentiated EV product concepts within, and aligned with, each of the off-road lifestyle segments
- Identify and promote rider-driven technology and innovation solutions to drive customer value
- Define product proposal, program plan, and business case for EV programs and shepherd through the Polaris product development process
- Align with international partners to identify global product and market requirements and ensure seamless product integration
- Manage product portfolio volume and mix forecasts to meet market requirements and deliver business financial goals
- Collaborate with key partners globally such as PG&A, sales, channel, marketing, insights, service, engineering, sourcing, operations, and communication
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Ability to build out a strategy but also execute on it
- Strong financial acumen
- Interest in becoming technically proficient in the unique aspects of EVs
- Demonstrated ability to analyze customer needs and translate into product features and business models that drive profitable growth
- Ability to understand and be inquisitive about technology & innovative thinking
- Confidence to take new and bold recommendations forward
- Experience in synthesizing complex information for product strategy creation
- Proficient communicator with strong consultative skills
- Executive presentation skills – ability to create and deliver effective business briefings
- Strategic thinker with exemplary problem-solving skills
- Highly analytical and proficient in consuming market research and insights
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or graduate degree preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience in product management, sales, or marketing
- Electric Vehicle product or market experience preferred
- Program/product management (metrics, technical project, dependencies)
- Must be an experienced leader of teams
- Home office located in Plymouth, MN (Bass Creek headquarters). Open to Novi location with travel to Plymouth, MN as identified.
- Standard office environment. Regular trips between Minnesota-based offices required
- 15-25% business travel (primarily domestic with occasional international)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.