At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Perform a wide variety of tasks as assigned, including preparing or building up vehicle parts, sub-systems, and components. Install subsystems, parts, and components into a vehicle on a moving assembly line and perform inspections to ensure good quality. The first section below outlines the essential functions of the assembler job. Operators must be able to perform these functions, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely use and operate various tools including power tools, hoists, and production equipment.
- Maintain a consistent pace throughout the shift with focus on quality (i.e., within applicable quality standards).
- Maintain regular, reliable attendance.
- Accurately complete paperwork required for production records.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow established processes and instructions.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations strictly and maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Participate in continuous improvement process.
- Perform duties assigned by Supervisor and/or Group Leader.
- Work overtime as required and mandated by production schedules.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Have a basic knowledge of computers.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs and push/pull up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, turn, kneel, and squat.
- Stand and walk up to eight hours per day and reach overhead continuously.
- Use air/power/vibrating tools and do strong, pincher gripping.
- Work safely around moving equipment, power tools, and industrial vehicles.
- Repetitive use of upper extremities.
- It may be necessary to perform any of these functions up to twelve hours a day.
All interest candidates are required to complete a 16-hour (over a period of 4 days) training program with AIDT for consideration. An offer of employment can be made at anytime during the training period. However, the offer is contingent upon the training being completed, and the results of pre-employment checks.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.