At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Under general supervision from the Materials Manager, performs supervisory, technical and administrative duties in the materials planning, scheduling and warehousing operations.
1. Plans and directs the material planning and warehousing functions to meet the facility plan objectives and satisfy customer needs.
2. Manages inventory and record accuracy through monitoring shortage / surplus exception, supplier follow ups, negative on-hands and daily delivery performance.
3. Develops and directs internal/external material flow plans.
4. Reviews and develops materials procedures and policies to meet safety, quality, delivery and cost goals.
5. Implements efficient supplier and interplant material supply plans to meet production and parts requirements while optimizing inventory levels, lead times, packaging requirements, and transportation costs.
6. Provides direct support to manufacturing operations through managing incoming requirements and scheduling of production work orders.
7. Selects trains and assists direct reports while providing career guidance and opportunity for added experience and training.
8. Develops staff skills and Lean approaches to daily operations. This position is responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of direct reports.
9. Any special projects you are asked to complete.
10. Works cooperatively to develop new ideas and enhance procedures in the team.
• Four year college degree required
• Strong organizational and problem solving skills required
• Computer skills required
• Knowledge of MAPICS desired
• Knowledge of MRP systems desired
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required
• Must be able to lift 40lbs
Fast-paced manufacturing and warehouse environment.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.