At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Support plant production through the installation, modification, and troubleshooting of plant systems and equipment. The first section below outlines the essential job functions of the Machine Maintenance job. Machine Maintenance/Electrician must be able to perform these functions, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install new equipment and assist outside vendors with new equipment installation and repair
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with the National Electric Codes and OSHA
- Troubleshoot plant equipment consisting of Air fixtures, Tube lasers, CNC benders, hydraulics and other mechanical and electrical systems
- Make required alterations/modifications to equipment and systems
- Use Programmable Logic Controllers for troubleshooting
- Perform facility maintenance projects as assigned
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance on tube fabrication machinery and equipment
- Accurately complete paperwork required for maintenance records
- Follow all safety rules and regulations strictly and maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Participate in continuous improvement process
- Perform duties as assigned by Supervisor/Lead
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as required and mandated by production schedules
- Work with equipment operators to understand machine issues and problems that occur
- Troubleshoot/problem solve down equipment to get back up and running in a timely/safe manner
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs and push/pull up to 100 lbs
- Ability to bend, twist, turn, kneel, squat, and climb
- Stand and walk for the duration of assigned shift
- Work safely around moving equipment, power tools, and industrial vehicles
- High School diploma or GED required
- AA or Technical Degree Required 2 yr. minimum
- Understanding of National Electric Codes
- Two years electrical experience in a manufacturing environment
- Display communication and leadership skills, both written and verbally
- Machine Controls expertise/knowledge
- 24-volt machine electrical system diagnosis
- Computer use (General use, Email, Machine HMI’s, ect.)
- Advanced mechanical tool use
- Preferred/not required: (Welding, driving forklift)
Positions are posted internally for five days. If you are interested in applying for this position, submit an internal application to HR within five days of the internal posting date above.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.