At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This position will oversee day to day direction and development for the Huntsville Metal Paint Department technical team. In addition, this position will evaluate, develop and improve Metal Paint applications including materials, processes, tooling, equipment, and emerging technologies, to optimize quality, cost and performance in a safe manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the training, development, and direction of the Huntsville Metal Paint technical team including lab techs, process techs, & maintenance personnel.
- Assists in preparation of departmental budget including material, manpower, equipment and outside procurement costs, and operates within approved parameters.
- Oversees new equipment installation, maintenance support, direction of lab techs, and new technologies.
- Assists the Operations, Product Engineering and Industrial Design teams with the development, justification, and execution of long-range plans to meet corporate objectives, including transitioning to right Tools, Equipment, Materials, Processes and Systems.
- Research, develop and implement materials, tooling and processes to improve metal paint performance, including but not limited to quality, efficiency, uptime and cost.
- Applies diversified knowledge of materials, equipment, tooling and processing to support new product development, flawless execution of new product introduction as well as warranty reduction activities as they relate to metal paint parts & processes.
- Practice considerable creativity and initiative to provide troubleshooting support and countermeasure implementation.
- Function as technical liaison between purchasing, engineering, manufacturing and external suppliers to resolve quality, cost and delivery issues. Implement and monitor advanced quality planning and provide technical support when and where needed.
- Research new materials, tooling, processes & manufacturing technologies, coordinate procurement and trials as well support implementation into manufacturing.
- Assess current materials, processes and systems used in Product Design as well in Manufacturing and create or support the creation of a roadmap when proposing to transition to new and improved materials or processes.
- Promote quality, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance (including presses, tooling, auxiliary equipment, etc.), good housekeeping, and safety practices. Process purchase requisitions and records as required.
- Develops and updates process documentation and procedure instruction.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- BS / MS degree in Mechanical or Other Related Engineering or 5-10+ years related experience Ecoat or Powder application experience/training (subject matter expert or similar is preferred).
- DFMEA and PFMEA development and assessment.
- Demonstrated expertise in automotive metal paint technologies and processes.
- Strong computer & PLC skills with ability to quickly learn new software/applications - initiating, planning, executing project work High level of analytical ability to apply to unusual and difficult problems.
- Ability to effectively influence and work in cooperation with cross functional teams.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work in a matrix organization and effectively lead without direct positional authority.
- Strong communication, presentation and teamwork skills including the ability to write clear and concise technical documentation.
- Ability to travel to support product launches, new technology implementations and overall metal paint troubleshooting across the plant network in Mexico and the United States.
- The ability to break down problems and gain understanding to make effective decisions.
- The passion to set and meet high standards of performance.
- The ability to persuade others to support the company agenda / objectives.
- The ability to establish clear, measurable goals and deliver on commitments.
INTERNAL PROMOTION REQUIREMENTS:
- New Hires must have 1 year Continuous Service from Polaris Hire Date
- 6 Months Between Department Transfers or Promotions
- No Active Corrective Actions
- 2 or Less Attendance Occurrences in each Attendance Category
- Must have received a 'Meets Expectation' in most recent performance review, if applicable.
- Resume Required
- Interview Required
- If selected for the position, you are required to move into the position upon the effective date. If you are no longer interested in the position, you must withdraw prior to an offer being presented.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.