At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Produces/ modifies efficient and logical robot programs for automated liquid paint application.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must obtain an intermediate understanding of robotic path designs.
- Understands air atomized, liquid paint application.
- Must have knowledge of process related defects.
- Performs maintenance and keeps accurate day to day repair log of all repairs.
- Assists supervisors in monitoring painted part quality.
- Able to perform/instruct the duties of the Robot Editors.
- Troubleshoots any machine variances to maintain/optimize product quality.
- Maintains OSHA compliance and corporate safety standards within the department and company.
- Evaluates equipment related defects and corrects programming and paint parameters accordingly.
- Capable of troubleshooting equipment malfunctions.
- Must know coordinate synchronous motion.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and updating SOPs and Picture Specs.
- Must be available for OT and/or changes in shift times.
- Miscellaneous duties as required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Must be able to read blueprints and CAD data.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Minimum 2 year associates degree in an engineering discipline or have obtained an Intermediate or higher proficiency rating in 10 of 20 of the Robot Editors skill matrix. Robotics Safety, Spray Booth Safety and LOTO must be among those Intermediate ratings.
- Detail orientated.
- Communicate with counter parts and Paint Engineering.
- Typical manufacturing work environemnt.
- Must be able to wear all PPE associated with working in a paint booth.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.