At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
We have an awesome opportunity in the Vehicle Performance Group for the up-front design, development, and validation of our Off-Road Intake & Exhaust system. Do you get excited by high performance vehicles? Are you interested in working on the systems that help create horsepower and sound? This role will focus on the design and platforming of the Intake & Exhaust systems for future Off-Road vehicles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibility for leading the complete system integration of Intake & Exhaust Systems into products.
- Ability to manage time appropriately and work on multiple projects at once.
- Ensures designs meet the safety, quality, reliability, development schedule, and cost goals set forth by the whole goods and accessory product planning groups.
- Completes design tasks in the Polaris Release System and ensures their timely release.
- Ensures production drawings are accurate and properly dimensioned (using GD&T) to deliver Key Product characteristics (KPCs).
- Create and maintain component specifications, test procedures, design guidelines, DFMEA’s, and DVP&R’s.
- Own and manage Intake & Exhaust Systems development plans from concept through purchasing and manufacturing ensuring the components meet specifications and build dates.
- Organize and lead design reviews to ensure adequate input and involvement from all engineering and functional groups.
- Determines the ideal component manufacturing method to ensure overall design, performance, and cost goals are met.
- Collaborates with designers and engineers inside and outside of the Product Line teams, this includes engaging suppliers and external resources.
- Prepares preliminary sketches, layout, and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solutions of engineering problems.
- Leads and participates in design reviews on an assigned project to ensure adequate input and involvement.
- Quantify Intake & Exhaust Systems performance through data acquisition and analysis of test data. Must be able to operate Off-Road vehicles for the purpose of development and performance evaluation.
- Analyze field problems and determine corrective actions/implement solutions.
- Ability to ride ATVs and SxSs for the purpose of field development and performance evaluation.
- Benchmark competitive designs.
- Other duties as required.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Agriculture Engineering, or closely related curriculum required.
- 5+ years design and development experience preferred.
- Understanding and experience with intake and/or exhaust system design.
- Experience with vehicle mechanical systems and engines preferred.
- Experience with CREO preferred
- Understanding and/or experience using CAE tools to optimize designs
- Lab testing and data acquisition experience preferred.
- Quality and customer focused.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Quick learner with high level of ambition and drive.
- Strong people skills, able to work in a team environment.
- Product development experience.
- Highly developed computer skills using design/analysis and Microsoft Office software.
- Fast-paced office and lab environment
- Travel as needed (Up to 10%)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.