At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Warranty Manager leads direct and cross-functional teams to execute on strategic initiatives that deliver a world class experience across the globe for Polaris and Indian Motorcycle. Through relationship building, project management, system ownership, and team leadership, the Manager drives a differentiated, efficient, and effective Warranty program driven by the voice of our Customers and Dealers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work cross-functionally with Global Business Units to development and implement dealer and customer-centric warranty policies and procedures
- Partner with Post Sales Surveillance and Quality teams to develop, launch, and operationalize data quality standards for field teams to ensure data is actionable
- Proactively identify changes to warranty regulations. Work with local distribution channels and legal consultants to ensure warranty practices are in compliance with regulations
- Create global warranty analysis to understand and communicate dealer trends, regional product application uses, and quality indicators
- Represent the voice of the customer on product warranty trends to manufacturing and quality teams
- Identify, develop, and maintain warranty training to educate dealers, ensure data integrity, and allow dealer self service
- Outline warranty execution standards including repair flat rate times, fail codes, and claim procedures in partnership with Service Engineering
- Develop strategy and process for dealer audits related to warranty claim and registration policies
- Identify and implement LEAN initiatives such as new systems, tools and processes to drive out waste and increase productivity and efficiency while improving administrative quality and integrity
- Manage departmental and organizational projects; identify opportunities and requirements, assemble and lead working teams, create project plans, and deliver timely results
- Complete financial planning models to drive strategic investments
- Develop and deliver progress updates to leadership and executive teams on strategic initiatives
- Create a world class team and culture that is committed to outstanding service, quality, and growth
- Lead a team of Technical Warranty Representatives in consistently adjudicating global factory warranty and extended service contract claims.
- Lead a team of parts inspectors to assist with determining cause and correction of cross-functional quality initiatives
- Lead and influence major transformational initiatives. Fosters the development of a high performing team, coordinates the deployment of resources, and ensures regular development of employees as experts in their areas of focus.
- Oversee workload planning and collect and analyze metrics to deliver the service level promise – timely claim management to reduce vehicle downtime and contribute to a positive customer experience
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communication, Engineering, or a related field
- Deep experience (6+ years) across Service, Warranty Administration, or Engineering
- Demonstrated business expertise in dealership operations
- Proven capability in organizing & delivering large, complex, and transformational initiatives
- Demonstrated experience in organizational leadership, creating vision and purpose across the organization
- Cross-functional influencing capabilities, able to work well across and up and down the organization
- Professional, concise and visual communications skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Standard, fast-paced office environment
Travel as needed (~20% under normal circumstances)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.