At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Polaris is seeking a Sr. Electrification Validation Engineer to join a growing team in Electric and Hybrid Powertrain (ePT) focusing on Electrification validation.
As a Sr. Electrification Validation Engineer, you will lead testing and validation of hardware and functional aspects for Polaris electrified powertrain across multiple product lines.
Technical project management also required to keep key programs on track.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manages Electrified Powertrain system and component level development testing and validation of component hardware, system and subsystem integration utilizing bench, dyno, vehicle and/or simulation.
- Manage multiple component validation schedules and projects simultaneously.
- Work with Strategic Validation Lead to ensure that best practices are followed across platforms.
- Oversee component level validation plans based on requirements and the desired functionality of the system.
- Setup, execute, and analyze the results of the validation and report results to stakeholders.
- Design benches and testing methods as needed to support system level validation.
- Ensure that hardware validation is completed as required by suppliers or test labs.
- Interfaces internally with cross-functional Polaris Teams and partners/suppliers as needed to ensure that ePT component, sub-system, and system validation is met and to align release schedules.
- Ensure comprehensive validation planning between component/system/vehicle.
- Updates Program Management and Product Teams on Electrified Powertrain system development schedule and production readiness status.
- Familiarity with Product Development Process (PDP) stage gate development. Interacts with Program Management and Product Team during PDP phases. Understands and aligns development to meet internal customer needs.
- Participates in HARA/DFMEA and Functional Safety discussions.
- Participates in activities such as: failure investigations, root causes analysis and implementation of corrective actions, lessons learned, and consequently design standards update.
- Optimizes development test and validation efforts and manages re-use to serve multiple product lines and platform requirements to minimize development cycles.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. in Engineering required, electrical preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- In-depth understanding of various electric & hybrid vehicle architectures, systems, subsystems, etc. at various voltage levels (48V, 100V, 350V+, etc).
- Experience with software and/or hardware validation efforts, and related documentation required.
- Experience with design implementation and/or validation of ePT and/or vehicle controls preferred.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced development environment required.
- Experience in effective problem solving and troubleshooting required.
- Experience with communication networks, CAN and J1939 strongly preferred.
- Experience with Hybrid/Electric Powertrain preferred.
- Experience in project management strongly preferred.
- Experience with data acquisition and analysis including Analog, Digital and vehicle network communication.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python.
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority.
- Demonstrated success working in cross-functional, multi-location teams.
Fast paced office environment with ability and interest to work in a development shop/lab environment as needed. Some travel required <10%.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.