At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced hardware engineer to join our growing design team! This role is part of the hardware team that is responsible for custom electronics for all Polaris vehicles including off road (RZR, Ranger, ATV), on-road (Slingshot, motorcycles), snow (snowmobiles, timbersled) among others.
You will be responsible for providing technical leadership and for performing activities pertaining to the planning, design, validation, manufacturing, and field support of electrical/electronic systems and components from concept to production.
- Develop schematics, guide board layout designs, assemble, test, debug, and integrate designs into complex hardware systems.
- Design and development of electronic sub-systems for on-vehicle digital display, RF communication, and GPS navigation systems from concept to product release.
- ECAD/EDA design, component specification, BOM generation, and prototype development.
- Design and implement functional tests; create reports, fault finding, and countermeasure to the component level.
- Evaluate, characterize, troubleshoot, and debug analog & digital electrical systems.
- Assure product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Documentation and engineering release for production.
- Manufacturing support of electromechanical products and test fixtures.
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to other Polaris business units, vehicle teams, junior engineers and technicians.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 3 years of professional hardware design experience.
- Experience with standard engineering test equipment (e.g. oscilloscope, DMM, spectrum analyzer, power supplies, etc.)
- Schematic capture and PCB layout experience (Altium experience preferred)
- Strong engineering aptitude, attention to detail, interpersonal skills, and "can do" attitude
- Experience in debugging hardware and embedded systems.
- Ability to travel (< 10%) when required
- Programming Experience (C, C++, Python, C#, etc.)
- RF circuit / system design experience (e.g. GPS, WiFi, BT)
- Compliance/Regulatory experience (FCC, ETSI, CISPR)
- Experience with the full product design cycle.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.