At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Polaris Technical Writers research, develop, and edit mid-level technical content, transforming complex processes and technical concepts into clear and concise documentation and instructions. Publications reach a variety of audiences and may include service manuals, owner’s manuals, field communications, accessory instructions, supplements, addendums, and other documents Our Technical Writers help build the knowledge and capabilities of our dealers and customers in understanding their vehicles, and play an important role in achieving our goals for quality, global capability, and customer centricity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in implementing new technologies and processes related to publications development as they are implemented.
- Initiate communication to gather material and input from engineering, service, legal, compliance and other applicable sources as they apply to assigned writing tasks.
- Participate in technical procedures to document and verify service processes and specifications.
- Autonomously work with all necessary stakeholders to establish project timelines, communicate risks, and identify solutions.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously to deliver results on time.
- Organize material and complete writing assignments in accordance with set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, formatting, terminology and grammar.
- Consult with legal, compliance, service, production and engineering teams as applicable to become familiar with new compliance regulations and product technologies.
- Edit, standardize or make changes as needed to material provided by others.
- Create or obtain illustrations, photographs, or other graphic components to illustrate material.
- Deliver completed publications to print vendor, web, dealer extranet, translators and internal customers based on project requirements. Document each file delivery location and date.
- Author content of varying complexity for multiple audiences of differing degrees of technical ability on a global level.
- Embrace new ideas, tools, and team vision; identify and implement LEAN practices to drive out waste in processes and systems.
- Represent Publications as a member of cross-functional working teams.
- Mentor entry-level staff members.
Skills, Knowledge and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; comparable work experience (3 years minimum) considered
- Ability to effectively use essential software as required for the position (including, but not limited to) Windchill, Arbortext, Creo Illustrate, Adobe suite of tools.
- Ability to comprehend technical and non-technical information and transform it to useable, understandable information for the intended audience.
- Must be a tenacious, yet professional individual, who can work quickly while maintaining thoroughness, attention to detail and product quality.
- Should possess a strong desire to make continuous improvements to department products and processes.
- Must be a self-starter and manage multiple writing projects and deadlines.
- Must maintain the highest level of customer service through relationship building and meeting commitments.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and understanding of electrical, hydraulic and mechanical principles as well as an understanding of the powersports industry.
- Hands on mechanical experience preferred.
- Fast-paced office environment.
- Travel as needed (approximately 5-10%).
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.