Required Tools and Supplies
- 5/16-Inch (8mm) Drill Bit
- 8mm Socket
- 10mm Socket
- Side Cutters
- Pick Tool
- Paint Marker
- Torque Wrench
- Eye Protection
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves and check fitment when installing accessories on your snowmobile.
To install the RGB Grill Insert Accent Lights (part number 2890566) on your Polaris Snowmobile, follow these steps:
1. Park the snowmobile on a flat, level surface and set the parking brake.
2. Push the engine stop switch to the OFF position, turn the key to the OFF position and remove the key.
3. To remove the side panels, turn the three side panel latches toward the rear of the snowmobile to release, then remove.
4. To remove the hood, turn the hood fasteners counterclockwise to release it.
5. Pull the sides of the hood out away from the side panel fasteners.
6. Lift the hood up and away from the vehicle. Note: Disconnect the wiring when removing the hood.
7. To install the grill insert accent light, disconnect the grill lights lead and the grill lights adapter pigtail from the module.
8. Use a pick tool to loosen, then remove sixteen retainers from the grill inserts. Use a side cutter to remove the retainers. Note: Take care not to damage or break the mounting standoffs on the hood.
9. Remove and retain the two grill inserts.
10. Put the grill insert accent lights on the hood. Make sure the wiring is placed in the center rib on the hood.
11. Install the retained grill inserts on the mounting standoffs and make sure the grill insert accent light wiring is placed under the grill inserts.
12. With a 10mm socket, install the grill insert accent light onto the grill standoffs using eight clips. Install the lights on the front side of the grill openings.
13. Attach the grill inserts using eight clips and make sure the grill insert accent light wiring is not pinched.
14. Identify what type of headlight your vehicle has: Standard or Nightblade. The video above includes images of both to help identification.
15. If you have a Standard headlight, route the wiring along the left side of the headlight assembly and attach using cable ties.
16. If you have a Nightblade headlight, attach the grill insert accent light wiring to the hood using the hose clamp and existing headlight mounting screw. Torque to 22 in-lbs (2.5 Nm) with an 8mm socket.
17. To install the controller, mark the drill location and drill at that location with a 5/16-in (8mm) drill bit. Note: Make sure the storage compartment is empty before drilling. Control your drill depth.
18. Install the controller using a push-pin rivet.
19. Connect the grill insert accent light lead to the control module.
20. Connect the pigtail adapter to the module.
21. Install cable ties around the wiring.
22. Attach the grill insert accent light pigtail adapter to the snowmobile accessory plug.
23. To reinstall the hood, make sure the tabs fit inside the front pan. Note: Make sure to connect the hood wiring when reinstalling the hood.
24. Pull the sides of the hood out and install over the side panel fasteners.
25. Turn the hood fasteners clockwise to lock the hood.
26. To reinstall the side panel, put the panel on the snowmobile and turn the fasteners toward the front of the snowmobile to lock into place. Repeat on the other side.
28. In your phone’s device settings, pair the controller to the app on the phone. When the controller is paired, it will appear at the top of the phone’s device list.
29. The Snow Glow App will guide you through the apps features and how to control the lights.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
App Store® is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
Google Play® and YouTube® are registered trademarks of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.