Required Tools and Supplies
- 26mm Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Adjustable Pliers
- Flat-Head Screwdriver
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris snowmobile. To remove and install the ignition switch on your Patriot 9R PRO RMK Slash or KHAOS Slash, follow these steps:
1. Ensure the snowmobile is on a flat, level surface and remove the key.
2. Remove the fuel cap. Use care to ensure that no dirt or debris enters the fuel tank.
3. Place a clean shop towel around the plastic fuel filler neck nut and remove the nut and rag with adjustable pliers.
4. Press in on the front of both sides of the switch panel and tilt the panel back to remove the tabs from the console.
5. Reinstall the fuel cap to prevent debris from falling into the fuel tank.
6. Carefully remove and retain the ignition switch nut using a 26mm socket.
7. Pull the switch out from the switch panel and pivot out to gain access to the connector.
8. Push in on the connector tab and pull back to disconnect from the ignition switch. Tip: A flat-head screwdriver can be used to aid in releasing the connector tab.
9. To install, connect the connector to the ignition switch and ensure it is fully seated.
10. Align the notch above the switch with the notch in the switch panel.
11. Continue by reinstalling the ignition switch through the switch panel and securing with the retained nut.
12. Torque the nut to 50 in-lbs (5.65 Nm) while holding the ignition switch.
13. Remove the fuel cap, and use care to ensure no dirt or debris enters the fuel tank.
14. Reinsert the switch panel tabs into the console and press in on the front on both sides of panel to secure.
15. Reinstall the plastic fuel filler nut and tighten until fully seated.
16. Reinstall the fuel cap.
17. Finally, start the vehicle to ensure proper operation.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc