Required Tools and Supplies
- T30 TORX® Socket
- 10mm Socket
- 16mm Socket
- 16mm Wrench
- Torque Wrench
- Pry Bar
- Tension Tool or 10-Pound Weight
- Measurement Tool
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris snowmobile. To inspect and replace the rail slides on your 650 or 850 PRO RMK Matryx or Matryx Slash, follow these steps:
1. Ensure the snowmobile is on a flat, level surface.
2. Safely elevate the rear of the snowmobile. Refer to your Owner’s Manual for proper lifting techniques.
3. Inspect the thickness of the rail sliders at several points along the rail. If the slide is worn to the top of the wear limit indicator groove, the rail slides need to be replaced.
4. Loosen the rear idler shaft bolt with a 16mm socket, but do not remove.
5. Loosen the adjuster locknuts on both sides with a 16mm wrench to loosen the track.
6. Rotate the track as needed to access the fastener securing the slider to the front of the rail and remove the fastener with a T30 TORX® socket.
7. Rotate the track until the track window lines up with the rail slider. The slide will be removed through this window.
8. Use a pry bar and hammer to drive the slider back off the snowmobile through the track window. Tip: Applying a lubricant to the slide may aid in the removal process. Use care to not damage the rail when driving the slide back.
9. Once removed, apply a lubricant to the new slide to aid in the installation process.
10. Also lubricate the rail to further aid in the installation process.
11. Before installing, ensure the mounting hole on slide is pointed towards the front of the sled.
12. Begin working the rail slide forward until it has reached the end of the rail.
13. Align the mounting hole and reinstall the previously removed fastener until fully seated.
14. Once finished, repeat this process for the other rail slide.
15. Once the slides have been replaced, reset the track tension by following the process listed in your Owner’s Manual, or read 2022+ 650/850 PRO RMK Matryx and Matryx Slash Track Inspection and Tension Adjustment.
16. Finally, ensure all fasteners are tight and safely lower the sled to the ground.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2024 Polaris Industries Inc