At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Job Description Summary
Polaris Industries designs and manufactures a wide array of off-road vehicles as well as the Indian Motorcycle product line.
Our site in Battle Ground, WA designs and manufactures innovative digital gauges and infotainment displays for Polaris products, Trail Tech products, and for OEM customers. This Materials Technician is responsible for supporting on-time delivery of production maintaining accurate inventory. This position is responsible for planning and inventory accuracy of their assigned parts from the start of the planning process to the final assembly process of all of our digital gauge and accessory product lines spanning low-volume/high-mix products to dedicated high-volume production lines.
- Count and maintain assigned parts as necessary to attain production schedules and identify root-cause issues
- Communicates delays, shortages, problems, and issues relating to shipments and/or inventory levels of purchased items to Production, Purchasing, and Logistics. Assists in devising and carrying out plans to resolve effectively and with minimum cost.
- Work with Purchasing and Logistics as needed to expedite deliveries resulting from inventory variances, rejections, or late deliveries
- Analyze inventory for opportunities to improve turns and identify excess
- Upload data as necessary to achieve production sequencing.
- Maintenance of inventory planning records with appropriate parameters and order policies to ensure effective Material system execution
- Request expedite material with purchasing as required from suppliers resulting from inventory variances, rejections, or late deliveries.
- Keys material transactions to maintain inventory accuracy
- Coordinate the disposition of excess and obsolete inventory.
- Identify and implement procedures to assure smooth production operations and inventory accuracy.
- Document material processes as standard work.
- Maintain PFEP for the facility
- Work in a safe & healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations
- Participates in special projects or assignments as required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- High School diploma, or equivalent, required.
- Manufacturing operations experience
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems Bill of Materials
- Must have current PC/software proficiency including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access & Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Process oriented
- Ability to manage and be efficient with multiple tasks
- Strong, quick decision-making skills
- Highly motivated and able to do self-directed work
- Organized and strong attention to detail
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data quickly and stay calm under pressure
- 1-3 years of previous planning/inventory control experience
- Four-year college degree
- Working knowledge of applicable MAPICS modules
The pay range for this position in Washington State is $19.74 to $27.46 Individual pay within those ranges is determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills, and geography.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.