At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Product Line Sales Specialist is responsible for leading retail and wholesale sales execution for Snowmobiles and Timbersled. This includes market reviews, sales forecasts, goal-setting for wholesale & retail levels, results analysis against expectations, competitive analysis, and retail countermeasures planning. This position is also responsible for Snowmobile & Timbersled field communications with field sales and dealers. In addition, the PLSS serves as a key facilitator between field sales and the business unit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Retail & Wholesale Programs & Strategies:
- Develops and implements retail promotions & wholesale programs (strategy, planning, execution, and communication)
- Leads integration efforts with PGA sales & category managers for retail & wholesale programs to maximize PGA revenue & profitability
- Leads DRM meeting presentations for the Snow team - including goal setting, planning, and execution
- Sets priorities for monthly field sales activities, partners with channel marketing to set monthly priorities and activities for dealers.
Sales & Marketing Analytics:
- Retail and Inventory – Provides in-depth analysis of trends, gaps, regional variances and opportunities to maximize retail
- Industry Retail – Analyzes market share data to identify key trends, gaps, and opportunities for improvement. Recommends and implements changes as needed.
- Competitive Information – Researches and analyzes competitive programs, pricing, and other relevant industry information
- Manages communication and relationships between business unit, field sales, dealer development, dealer support, other product lines, and dealers
- Provides “voice of the field” input to support Snowmobile division’s marketing and sales strategies and tactics
- Resolves issues and manages special requests such as program exceptions, flooring assistance, and co-op exceptions
- Leads the snow team liaison field sales calls
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required
- 3 – 5 years of business experience preferred
- Field sales experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to gather, analyze qualitative and quantitative data from various sources to identify key sales issues and make recommendations for improvement
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Industry and dealership experience preferred
Hybrid office environment with seasonal travel
This position is not eligible for sponsorship
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.