Materials Clerk (Weekend Shift)Osceola, WI
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This position includes multiple support duties to support Weekend Shift Production. This includes, but is not limited to, running and updating part shortage information, tracking part shipments arriving to support production, ensuring inventory accuracy by completing physical inventory counts, issuing/updating work orders, loading the Heijunka board, and working closely with the Plant Planner/Schedulers on all other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the 1st shift Planning/Scheduling team on any parts issues, shortages, and schedule changes for any lines running on Weekend Shift
- Run Shortage Report and Update Shortage Spreadsheet with updated 2-day+ shortage updates
- Initiate email correspondence with Central Planning Team on Part Shortages that arise on Weekend Shift and keep Plant Planner informed
- Adjust schedules as needed due to issues that arise on Weekend Shift
- Update Engine Stamper with any required Weekend Schedule changes
- Update/Load Heijunka Board to execute Weekend Build Plan/Change
- Release Work Orders, as needed
- Effectively communicate a summary of any changes made on Weekend Shift to the 1st shift team
- Setup trucks and expedites via Penske portal and Active on Demand and coordinate with Logistics team
- Track and communicate hot shipments as needed
- Perform cycle counts for inventory accuracy, document, reconcile results, and ensure stop-gap actions are in place to prevent reoccurrence
- Help to identify root causes of inventory discrepancies and suggest ways to improve or correct the issues
- Assist Plant Planners with trouble-shooting PO Receipt discrepancies. Duties include pulling pack slips and verifying Receipt (RP) transactions and reporting back to the Plant Planner
- Initiates email correspondence with central planners and plant planners upon finding a significant inventory discrepancy
- Key Scrap Transactions in system per SharePoint data provided
- Process ship requests for other Polaris plants
- Complete inter-warehouse shipping requests for engineering teams
- Take direction and fulfill requests from the Weekend shift supervisor/group lead
- Drive continuous improvement through facilitation of Kaizen/Blitz events and constant review of current practices
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- Knowledge of AS400 including but not limited to MRP, Open Orders, PO Inquiry, etc.
- Must have current PC/software proficiency including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote & Outlook), Teams, Showcase Queries, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage and be efficient with multiple tasks
- Previous planning/inventory control experience preferred
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.