Systems EngineerWyoming, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Polaris is working to build capabilities in Systems Engineering to support the new product development of complex vehicles and subsystems. This position will be tasked with aiding the evolution of Systems Engineering within the ORV organization by utilizing tools and best practices to establish requirements, define interfaces, and run completeness checks throughout a vehicle platform.
- Work closely with Vehicle System and Attribute Architects to translate customer needs into vehicle system architecture definition and documentation.
- Support definition, decomposition, and documentation of requirements by planning from system to subsystem to component while leveraging cross-functional team inputs.
- Identify conflicting requirements and drive resolution. Support the execution of necessary trade-off studies throughout vehicle systems and sub-systems
- Develop interface definitions with N^2 interface diagrams. Manage key program interfaces through clear documentation and communication with interface owners.
- Lead completeness checks on requirements. Support the team in managing requirements, including interfaces by leveraging and building upon our requirements management toolsets.
- Ensure performance attributes and vehicle functional requirements are being managed effectively by cross functional project teams.
- Validate the effectiveness of requirements. Ensure requirements have been achieved by supporting the execution of vehicle-level system engineering evaluation activities.
- Be a champion of Systems Engineering and a subject matter resource for project teams.
- Provide technical guidance to Project Engineer and/or Design Engineers as needed.
- Develop processes/standards for continuous improvement as needed.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. Engineering Degree
- 5+ years experience in consumer product engineering
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects
- Skilled in multitasking and executing many tasks at once
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Creative and innovative
- Decisive and prone to action – self starter
- Experience with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Creo, Windchill, and PRS are a plus
Minimal travel required in this role
Note* Title will commensurate to years of experience
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.