At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Polaris Industries, Inc. is looking for a Sr. Scrum Master to work in an exciting, very fast-paced environment. As a D&IT Sr. Scrum Master on the Polaris team, you would be dedicated to a cross functional / cross platform software development team giving you the ability and empowerment to make changes and go fast. You will have the opportunity to work with teams in the areas of Manufacturing, Operations, Enterprise Product Information Center, Serialized Assembly Tracking System, Vehicle Inspection App and more. Additional duties will include helping to improve adoption of scrum best-practices, coaching the teams to higher levels of maturity, as well as Project Management duties when required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Guide the teams and department on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values.
- Navigate the teams through self-organization activities, filling in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Facilitate getting work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitates daily scrum, sprint review meetings, retrospectives meetings, and other related meetings.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and circulating information.
- Assess the scrum maturity of each team and the organization, coaching the teams to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Guide the team through removing impediments by finding the right personnel or solution to accomplish established team goals.
- Continue to build a safe and trusting environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example.
- Help facilitate organizational meetings and Communities of Practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in technology or business related field is required
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master
- Experience in Agile Scrum/Kanban for at least 1+ years for a cross functional software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Experience with introducing Scrum to a team with limited Agile knowledge
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (retrospective formats, bug handling, team conflict resolution techniques, etc.).
- Experience with custom software development
- Experience in facilitating discussion with the scrum team to identify dependencies across other teams
- Servant leadership style that contributes to the Scrum Team, Product Owner and Organization
- Knowledge of other agile approaches.
- Experience in waterfall Project Management and migrating from waterfall to scrum.
- Project Management experience in Digital transformation projects is a plus
- Remote work from home flexibility
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.