At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Responsible for development and execution of Risk Mitigation activities for supplier quality-related project management deliverables, including scope, timeline, risk, and communication.
Work with other Project Management Leaders across category and implementation teams to provide holistic view of program status. Coach and continuously improve the supplier quality-related project management processes for team transitions and defined work implementation. Identify and share lessons learned across teams. Plan, and be responsible for risk mitigation strategies, and supplier quality-related projects and ongoing initiatives.
Work closely with other Project Management Leaders, Program Manager, Category Leaders, and Implementation Leaders to ensure all aspects of the supplier quality-related project are successfully completed. Provide support and feedback to Product Groups when determining existing supplier suitability for future business awards. Report out on risk mitigation progress through assigned programs.
Review designs/components determined as high risk for correct identification of Key Inspection Characteristics (KICs) and correct application of Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing principles to ensure measurement and manufacturing feasibility. Collaborate with Suppliers and Polaris Engineering during design reviews to ensure Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA). Assist Suppliers to maintain 100% PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) compliance for all Preproduction builds and Production builds. Facilitate identification and sharing of lessons learned and best practices across teams. Perform production readiness assessments (PPAP reviews) at supplier facilities for high risk suppliers/components. Report readiness status and action plans on deficiencies. Perform special projects as required, including: lean business process development and value add engineering projects. This position requires up to 10% travel required (domestic and international) to attend pilot builds at Polaris production facilities.
Position Qualifications: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or in a related engineering field, and 3 years of work experience in Supplier Quality, Quality Engineering, Supply Chain or a related field. Additionally, a qualified applicant’s experience must include the following:
(1) Using quality related tools to execute production readiness and verify compliance to standards, as well as maintain expected product quality performance, including: QMS, SPC, APQP, 8D, PPAP, CAPA, and Quality Systems.;
(2) Using quality improvement tools, including Lean and Six Sigma to improve Supplier processes and product quality;
(3) Using advanced statistical techniques (such as Minitab) to analyze part qualification data to assess supplier process capability risk and make program-related decisions;
(4) Experience reviewing technical documentation related to safety critical components and communicating both verbally and in written form;
(5) Experience working on cross-functional teams to resolve Supplier-related quality issues in a diverse global supply base;
(6) Experience investigating and resolving quality issues with all levels of internal and external employees and reporting findings to management; and
(7) Experience in project management and use of project management tools to deliver timely part qualifications and mitigate supplier risks. Special Requirement: Mandatory drug and/or alcohol testing and background checks.
Position Location: 7290 Viking Boulevard East, Wyoming, MN 55092
Apply Online: https://www.polaris.com/en-us/careers, and search Requisition No. 16093
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.