At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Senior IBM i Systems Engineer is responsible for the IBMi Server and shared storage environment which includes designing, implementing, and supporting these core infrastructure services. In addition, this individual will also be responsible for assisting the product teams with new application and system design, implementation, and support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, design, implement, and optimize server/storage infrastructures.
- Plan, recommend and implement changes and enhancements to the server/storage infrastructures.
- Configure new and existing technology solutions according to best practices.
- Manage existing technology solutions to ensure they are secured, available and perform optimally.
- Provide recommendations to management resulting in purchases and installation of hardware and software solutions that will support current or future business needs.
- Assess complex projects with a variety of requirements quickly, correctly prioritize tasks, provide accurate time estimates, and complete tasks in a timely manner while communicating changes and updates.
- Utilize advanced technical knowledge to analyze, log, track and resolve complex software/hardware issues.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and issue resolution.
- Adhere to and promote existing ITIL processes and standard procedures.
- Develop standards and processes for Level 1 and 2 staff.
- Provide remote support for our global operations.
- This position will require participation in a rotating on-call schedule for 24x7 global support.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience is required.
- 5 - 7+ years of corporate IT experience as an IBM i (AS400, Power Systems) Engineer in a global environment.
- Expert knowledge of IBM i operating system, DB2, Telnet, FTP, DNS, iNetserver, HTTP and SMTP
- Experience designing, implementing, administering, and supporting IBM PowerVM Virtual I/O Server (VIOS) environments.
- Experience designing, implementing, administering, and supporting IBM Storwize SAN systems, including FlashCopy and array-based replication technologies.
- Experience monitoring and supporting IBM PowerVM environments utilizing tools such as Navigator for i, Collection Services, SQL Performance Center, IBM iDoctor suite, Web Administration, IBM Administration Runtime Expert
- Experience in IBM i Access Client Solutions with the ability to support, install and trouble shoot the application
- Experience developing IBM i CL scripts/programs for administration tasks.
- Knowledge of 3rd party software products such as Showcase, Powertech Authority Broker, Infor XA, SoftMenu, absMessage, iSecurity Firewall and Audit is preferred
- Knowledge and experience implementing IBM i security best practices is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with IBM i high availability and disaster recovery is preferred
- Exceptional communication skills with ability to communicate complex information in an organized and concise manner
- Maintain and continuously builds upon technical knowledge; able to quickly learn new technologies
- Flexible in office environment, with remote flexibility. Must be local to the greater Minneapolis/St. Paul area
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.