Tool & Die Fabrication Tech / MachinistRoseau, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Job Description Summary:
Support Polaris manufacturing fabrication, welding, and assembly departments through the implementation of tooling and fixtures used in manufacturing. Projects are driven by product development initiatives, process improvements, and operations capital investments. Tooling projects shall be completed within budget and lead time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fabricate & assemble small to medium sized production weld and assembly fixtures.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production weld and assembly fixtures.
- Provide support to production operations as required.
- Work with design and manufacturing teams to concept, design and build fixtures.
- Be accountable to complete work assignments to meet required due dates and schedules.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Work overtime or alternate shifts as required.
- **Must have ability to work 2nd or 3rd shift**.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong mechanical technical aptitude and problem solving skills.
- Experience with troubleshooting and repair of mechanical systems, pneumatic circuits, and other manufacturing equipment and tooling.
- Operate manual and CNC equipment including mills, lathes, drill presses & band saws.
- Proficient CNC programming skills (MasterCAM) a plus.
- Able to read blue prints and use general measuring equipment.
- Proficient skills using Solidworks a plus.
- Microsoft Office software skills including Excel, Word, and Outlook a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills as well as flexibility to re-focus as assigned.
- Self-starter, good time management skills and strong work ethic.
- Able to work independently or in a team atmosphere on various sized projects.
- Able to work in fast pace environment.
- Operate with a strong sense of urgency in the best interests of the company.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- 2-year degree in Machine Tool Technology, or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years of experience minimum preferred
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.