At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
TITLE: Engineering Training Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Global Engineering Operations
REPORTS TO: Bangalore GEOps Manager & Engineering Learning & Development Lead
The Engineering Training Specialist is focused on learning and development communications that drive employee engagement and awareness of opportunities. The Training Specialist will assess stakeholder groups, design and coordinate training, communicate new and modified training, and measure change receptiveness and adoption. This role will consult with subject matter experts to audit, develop and curate content. This person will also build curriculum pathways and drive user engagement in the LXP, including sharing course impact statistics and analysis. The Training Specialist will also support the coordination and hosting of internal training events, the exploration of new tools and methods for information sharing, and continuous improvement of training communication and processes for the Engineering team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Work collaboratively with subject matter experts and stakeholders to investigate training needs and conduct annual content audits. Coordinate deployment of training including defining the audience, quality reviews, communications, tracking and reporting. Develop and maintain Engineering training curriculum and courses. Create and refine training and course materials in alignment with corporate training standards. Responsible for maintaining the Engineering training SharePoint, including updating the master training list and posting announcements. Provide administrative support for the Learning eXperience Platform (LXP), including loading content, driving user engagement and reporting. Gather articles, edit, and publish the internal quarterly Global Engineering newsletter. Support continuous improvements in training quality assurance and standard work. Create visual posters and infographics to be used in communications and meeting invitations. Video editing including cutting audio and visuals, inserting screen shots and text over video. Strong project management skills with the ability to work efficiently on multiple projects. Clearly lay out project timeline and requirements to meet product and system launch timelines. Support internal customers and/or provide training material suggestions to Engineering teams.
- Flexible hours required to participate in meetings with global team.
- Experience with design tools (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Canva)
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Teams, SharePoint)
- Two or more years of journalism, communications or marketing experience
- Project management experience
- Experience creating and conducting surveys
- Exceptional interpersonal and consensus building skills
- A collaborative approach to problem solving and strong decision-making skills
Who You Are
- The ideal candidate will know how to connect to an audience through written, verbal and visual messages.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Corporate Communications, Public Relations, English, Education or related field
- Minimum of two years of experience working in communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with team members and work cross functionally with the larger organization – proficient in English
- Strong attention to detail and taking pride in work
- Passionate about writing and developing high-quality messages that are customized to a specific audience
- Eager to acquire new knowledge and learn new skills
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels in the organization
- Ability to receive negative feedback in a constructive manner
- Treat colleagues, customers, contractors, and public in a kind, respectful, and professional manner
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills with minimal supervision
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.