At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Talent Acquisition Leader is responsible for identifying, acquiring, assessing, and hiring candidates to fill open positions.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement hourly talent acquisition strategy and provide input to ensure that teams consist of diverse, qualified individuals.
- Devise and implement sourcing strategies to build pipelines for potential applicants.
- Design and manage hourly recruitment and selection processes (resume screening, screening calls, interviews etc.) to ensure a positive experience for candidates.
- Review employment applications and background check reports.
- Serve as brand ambassador at various events, like career fairs or on-campus recruiting events.
- Represent company internally and externally at events with a goal of networking and relationship building with potential candidate communities.
- Manage respective candidate pools to ensure qualified candidates remain engaged in current or future opportunities.
- Administer and submit all hiring paperwork for new employees.
- Generate monthly updates for company’s leadership about upcoming talent acquisition initiatives.
- Create monthly reports on key talent acquisition metrics.
- Work closely with HR manager and Marketing & Recruitment Specialist to develop creative ways for addressing talent acquisition challenges.
- Proactively seek market intelligence to gain competitive advantage in attraction, assessment, and sourcing methodologies.
- Suggest new ideas for improving talent acquisition activities.
- Research talent acquisition trends in the staffing industry.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Supervisory responsibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Job Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, communications, business, or similar field, or equivalent work experience, required.
- 5 – 7 years of previous work experience as a recruiter or talent acquisition specialist.
- Previous experience leading recruiting professionals.
- Recruitment experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- In-depth knowledge of candidate selection methods.
- Proficiency with social media, CV databases, and professional networks
- Expertise in full cycle recruitment.
- Proficiency in documenting processes and keeping up with industry trends.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Performance, results-driven individual focused on teamwork with the ability to create/sustain a strong, positive, vibrant culture.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Willingness to work beyond standard work hours when position requires additional effort.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Travel to offsite locations.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.