At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
TITLE: CAE Engineer, Powertrain Dynamics
Provide additional resource in the areas of Powertrain Dynamics, Engine Integration, and NVH to support the design and development of new Internal Combustion and Electric Powertrain architectures at Polaris. Own model building, analysis and report generation for projects. This role will be guided and mentored by a Multi Body Dynamics (MBD) Engineer located in our North American R&D office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Loads Generation: Build powertrain dynamics models to calculate Engine / eMotor mount, cranktrain loads for Internal combustion and electric powertrain architecture development. Early Integration: Apply tools to aid architecture selection and target setting early in design for IC and electrification platforms. Support Durability Analysis: Support the Finite Element Analysis (FEA) analyst with simulated flex body deformation from dynamic simulations. Support NVH and Acoustics: Support powertrain rubber engine mount integration and acoustic simulations with the NVH group. CAE Data Interpretation; Reporting and documentation including interpretation to peers and leadership. Test Data Analysis; Understand powertrain design attributes through test data analysis. Correlation: Examination of test data to drive correlation and analysis problem set development. Knowledge Network: Helps document best practices and helps develop a knowledge base of procedures, methods, and metrics. Methods Development; Assists with implementation of customer-focused Polaris-specific Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) tools and best practices. Automation and continuous improvement.
- Preferred Software Skills: Multi-Body Dynamics (MBD) tools (MSC ADAMS / FEV Virtual Engine). The incorporation of FEA flexible body modal neutral files to capture dynamic performance and evaluate durability is a plus.
- Exposure to Ansys FEA software, nCode Glyphworks, or equivalent data analysis tools, modal analysis, forced vibration response, transfer path analysis, dynamic loads generation, structural analysis, and durability assessment is a plus.
- Knowledgeable in Powertrain Dynamics, Engine Mounting Architecture, Vibration Isolation Design, and Modal Alignment desirable.
- Strong problem-solving skills, adapting any and all tools for data-based decision-making.
- Powersports knowledge a plus
- Passion to deliver for the customer.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiating skills.
- Team player, ability to work with several design teams concurrently and across multiple sites.
- B.S. Engineering required; advanced degree preferred.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.