At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship
Polaris, a global powersports leader in off-road vehicles, motorcycles, marine, and snowmobiles, is looking for an experienced and passionate Chief Engineer of Product Cybersecurity to lead the security strategies and execute the roadmap for Polaris Products. This is an exciting role on the Vehicle Electronics and Software team providing product security technical leadership. You will have the opportunity to directly impact product and new technology initiatives at Polaris. The ideal candidate possesses strong team collaboration, strategy, communication skills, proven cybersecurity execution on products and is effective in a fast-paced lean environment. Interest in Powersports is a plus, as there are many opportunities to ride!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the development and execution of a prioritized strategy, roadmap, staffing, and investments necessary to continually advance product security capabilities.
- Responsible for driving the development of secure architectures, designs, coding practices, and technical standards across a broad range of technologies (Cloud, Connectivity, IoT, Embedded Systems, etc.) in alignment with global regulatory requirements.
- Identify potential security gaps and vulnerabilities in products.
- Identify threats and opportunities in strategy execution.
- Gain cross functional alignment with vehicle electrical control system engineers with respect to the product cybersecurity roadmap.
- Decompose, via working with product group business leaders, present and future product trends into product cybersecurity Key Performance Characteristics.
- Mature the Polaris cybersecurity posture per the approved metrics approved by the Cybersecurity Council.
- Drive the integration and support of security testing tools into a CI/CD pipeline in support of agile development teams.
- Accountable for the development and delivery of time-based reports of projects and initiatives.
- Orchestrate presentations and communications effective in conveying complex technical topics to non-technical resources.
- Demonstrate financial acumen to develop financial forecasts, monitor changes to budget for team and projects, and create proposals for new potential opportunities.
- Have a customer-focused mindset for delivering a product that is centered around a great customer experience.
- Assess market trends and competitors.
- Keep a platform focused mindset throughout.
- Develop talent and provide leadership in the team's day-to-day project execution.
- Help build and maintain high team morale.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Experience aligning technical security standards (ISO 21434, UNECE 155, CRA, etc.) and procedures to relevant regulatory requirements.
- Asymmetric / Symmetric Cryptography experience
- Implementing and Maintaining Public Key Infrastructure and understanding best practices with respect to key management.
- Automotive Information Sharing and Analysis Center involvement.
- Proven expertise in identifying security controls and weaknesses in embedded systems and other technologies such as cloud, connectivity, distributed or mobile applications, and IOT.
- Knowledgeable in the effective use of vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, and code quality tools.
- Effective in guiding teams in executing end-to-end product security projects/initiatives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Excellent understanding of business operations and procedures.
- Certified Automotive Security Expert preferred.
- System engineering mindset, with proven experience platforming complex systems preferred.
- A passion for powersports and the great outdoors preferred.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.