Production Superintendent - Assembly (1st Shift)Huntsville, AL
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Superintendent acts as a liaison to communicate organizational plans and processes to support the goals aligned by the Production Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the leadership team to ensure that the site workforce is deployed to execute strategic priorities across all departments, and all shifts.
- Fill in as coverage in the absence of other leaders.
- Work cross functionally with supervisors and Production Manager to optimize product flow through the entire work stream to meet production needs.
- Develop and understand Polaris’s products (business understanding and acumen).
- Provides day-to-day leadership and supervision in the achievement of Safety, Quality, Productivity, Schedule Attainment, Employee Programs and Cost and help to prepare and maintain GEMBA boards in each area.
- Develop strong relationships with cross functional groups (managers, project leads, quality, Mfg. engineers, etc.)
- Audit and monitor and ensure a Safe work environment. Correct Safety issues as identified. Ensure compliance to Safety, Quality, Environmental and Productivity standards.
- Partner with training group to support new hire and ongoing training needs for the area.
- Assign work tasks according to priority and employee skills to meet or exceed the production schedule. Plans and organizes activities to meet production deadlines.
- Encourage proper work performance by departmental employees through positive reinforcement. Enforce policies and procedures and apply disciplinary action as needed.
- Provide mentorship to supervisors in both departments on both shifts as needed.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects and encourage others to participate.
- Assist in preparation of department budgets and adhere to it.
- Prepare and maintain production reports and records, taking corrective action when necessary.
- Establish work priorities and provide direction to all production areas.
- Drive process consistency and standardization across all production areas.
Experience & Skills
- 7+ years of Manufacturing Leadership experience.
- A proven leader with a solid track record of successful managing a multiple department facility.
- Strong business acumen: able to translate the needs of the core business to meet deadlines and objectives.
- Versatility, flexibility, and ability to work within changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Excellent leadership, influence, and communication skills.
- Identifies, deploys, and develops highly talented employees with future potential.
- Creates an environment where employees work together effectively to achieve goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or related field.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.