Project Engineer – Advanced Product DevelopmentWyoming, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Advanced Product Development Project Engineer is responsible for leading the predevelopment of core vehicle systems (structures, driveline, electrical, PT and EV).
Core responsibilities include requirement definition, PDP alignment, part tracking, budget management, scheduling, executing critical reviews, driving engineering and development process improvements, and coordinating cross functional teams to meet performance goals.
- Develop project development schedules including milestone reviews, preproduction builds and identifying critical path tasks for the program
- Track project and system cost in detail and complete forecasting exercises
- Drive alignment between program, design and systems engineering teams to keep assigned project on schedule
- Support all design related component styling, purchasing, and manufacturing tasks with emphasis on safety, quality, reliability, delivery, and cost
- Benchmark competitive design/processes/materials and function
- Utilize the Polaris product development process
- Provide direction, coordination, and design trade-offs for designers within the team
- Coordinate development, analysis, layout, testing, drafting, and fabrication to ensure project objectives are met per schedule
- Lead and participate in system reviews on projects to ensure adequate input and involvement from all engineering and functional groups
- Analyze manufacturing and field problems and recommend/implement solutions
- Lead and assists program teams with cost down ideas and execution
- Help to build and maintain financial budget/forecast
- BS Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Agriculture Engineering (or related engineering degree)
- 1+ year of engineering experience
- Familiarity with 3D Modeling Software (ProE, Creo and Windchill preferred)
- Possess and applies a broad knowledge of engineering principles, practices, and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects
- Ability to manage projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Riding experience and/or interest in Recreational Vehicles
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.