At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Polaris Desktop Admin team works closely with the key members of the Infrastructure and IT Security teams to drive the overall design and implementation of the Polaris Client architecture. This role is responsible for evaluating new technologies and recommending solutions that improve the user experience, security, stability, and increased productivity. A successful candidate will have technical leadership and a track record of leading technology progression in the enterprise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research, evaluate, and recommend innovative client solutions
- Develop and maintain operational support procedures for the client environment
- Work within D&IT and the business to implement new processes and software solutions that meet Polaris’s security standards and deliver a productive solution to the end customer
- Provide expert technical guidance and best practices for traditional desktop client management
- Aid in the development of strategic client roadmaps and standards
- Achieve and maintain relevant industry certifications
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent, and responsive - requires little supervisory attention
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public
- Resolve global issues or problems within a global organization
- Maintains up-to-date documentation and follows best practices in application and system environments
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information management or equivalent required
- 3-5 years of experience of supporting client operating systems
- Experience in supporting virtual workstations using VMware or other virtual platforms
- Experience in Microsoft Intune management and implementation for mobile devices
- Experience implementing, administering, and supporting Casper Suite JAMF is preferred
- Experience in administering and supporting Mac OS
- Experience in System Center Configuration Manager 2012 or Current Branch
- Experience implementing, administering, and supporting Windows Group Policy
- Experience in supporting standard workstation images for desktops and laptops
- Experience administering and supporting patch distribution management
- Experience using PowerShell, Visual Basic, and command line commands
- Experience administering and supporting Active Directory
- Experience with ServiceNow ticketing system for ITIL tracking within the enterprise
- Must be able to lift 40 + pound equipment
- Office and production (factory) environment
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.