At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Be a part of the future!
- Help successfully drive the launch of future Polaris products and technology
- Operate cross-functionally and globally with a diverse team
- Communicate with all levels of the company
- Enjoy the challenges and opportunities that come with being a part of a fast-paced, performance driven, and growing organization
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPOSIBILITIES:
- Partner with operations and engineering leadership in the development of new product manufacturing recommendations, preliminary manufacturing plans and pre-production schedules
- Be able to successfully network and work cross functionally with upfront engineering and assembly plant teams.
- Drive quality and safety into product launches through execution of NPI tools and standards to validate the assembly process.
- Support creation, implementation, documentation, and execution of centralized core technology (process, equipment, systems) into existing plants.
- Support program management of critical tooling and equipment development and installation into assembly plants. Working closely with NPI team members and plant manufacturing leads.
- Perform DFA/M analysis to improve quality and reduce costs
- Review and assess manufacturing readiness and feasibility
- Development of PFMEA’s and implementation of identified risk mitigations
- Provide critical input and support all Polaris Development process milestone reviews with Polaris management
- Collaborate with plant training personnel to develop training plans specific to the new model launch
- Network with plant quality control to define quality criteria, product validation, and process control plans
- Provide production support through the start-up phase
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- BS/MS in Engineering or related degree
- 5-7+ years of experience in a related field
- Ability to own and lead projects independently - ability to effectively lead without direct positional authority
- Strong experience in project management – plan, develop and execute
- Effectively influence and work in cooperation with cross-functional teams
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to write clear, concise technical documentation
- Ability to identify and solve complex technical problems
- Excellent creative thinking skills
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and time management skills
- The passion to set and meet high standards of performance
- The ability to establish clear, measurable goals and deliver on commitments
- Ability and willingness to travel 10-20% of time, including international
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.