At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support production by teaching operators how to correctly use gauges and other quality equipment.
- Audit various process characteristics per specification plans, may include but is not limited to:
- Receiving inspection of components or raw materials
- Quarantined inventory
- Re-worked components or assemblies
- Finished goods audits
- Make necessary recommendations for process improvements.
- Perform sort of non-conforming materials as required.
- Verification of Manufacturing Department materials and parts, assuring that they meet written specifications within established tolerances.
- Work overtime or vary working hours as needed.
- Attend company provided training. 8. Work with measuring and production tools
- Cross train in other quality positions to back-up or assist other quality personnel as necessary.
- Prepare layout sheets, prepare RMO's, shipping orders and order supplies for QA Lab as necessary.
- Challenge nonconforming product using proper chain of command and hold tag procedures.
- Provide help with rework projects as the quality inspector for all completed rework.
- Maintain or input quality data/files as required. May include but is not limited to: QA files PPAP Audit results FAIR's RMO's Deviations PQR's FTQ PP100
- Communicate to appropriate personnel any necessary issues, findings, etc.
- Maintain quality inspection equipment as necessary.
- Provide input into improving existing inspection procedures and actively participate in the PCI process.
- Work in safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations
- Perform duties outside assigned area, as required.
- Maintain a neat and organized work area.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Technical diploma or equivalent training preferred.
- Must be familiar with parts, tolerances, dimensions, problem areas, various inspection equipment, and quality terminology.
- Must have a performance history of quality conscious work, good attendance and safe work habits.
- One year experience with basic gauging equipment (micrometers, calipers, height gauges, etc.) required.
- Must have experience and a strong working knowledge of the production area this position is assigned to support (i.e. seats, engines, metal fabrication, etc.)
- Must have flexibility to cover other shifts when needed.
- Must have a working knowledge of PC software programs (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, database, email) including the ability to enter and retrieve data.
- Must have working knowledge of the AS400 system.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to manage conflict and solve problems independently.
- Must have demonstrated organizational and leadership skills.
- Must be responsible, enthusiastic, trustworthy, and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Previous inspection experience or related education preferred.
- Position located at offsite CGD warehouse
- Working with hazardous materials and chemicals.
- Working in confined spaces.
- Will be required to wear the proper safety equipment and follow all safety guidelines.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.