Powertrain Development TechnicianRoseau, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Powertrain Development Technician focused on developing and validating calibrations for Off Road Vehicles. Specific focus on diagnostics calibration and other in-vehicle calibration work. Will work closely with the diagnostics engineer and calibration leads for successful engine application and integration into the vehicle. Assists in creating and executing engineering procedures, requirements, and specifications to ensure thorough definition and testing for engine control system development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help create and specify test procedures and equipment necessary to conduct powertrain performance and control system development testing on Polaris off road vehicles.
- Collaborate as a calibration resource for existing or new engine/vehicle programs. Assist in completing powertrain calibration files from concept to production for assigned vehicle program(s) that meet or exceed requirements for performance, drivability, as well as ensure program(s) meet all government mandated emissions regulations with Polaris-specified margins
- Assist in diagnostics and troubleshooting of field test and in-field electromechanical issues
- Conduct testing aspects of engine and vehicle development projects: Execute test criteria based off system requirements, assist in creating test plans and schedules.
- Participate in vehicle group development processes to ensure that applicable safety limits, test procedures, and certification requirements are achieved. Participate and/or lead in vehicle drivability characteristic development.
- Participate in root cause failure analysis during the development process. Find and recommend practical solutions for specific failure modes as related to calibration parameters, or calibration related engine performance.
- Calibration and end-of-line support for specific engine production testing at engine and vehicle assembly plants as required.
- Instrument vehicles with various measurement sensors/transducers for hardware and calibration development tasks. Research, recommend, and implement alternative solutions to meet powertrain objectives.
- Ensure vehicle operational state and safety. Maintain primary vehicle and test equipment operation for optimal quality of information acquired.
- Record test data, analyze results, and provide comprehensive reports and/or recommendations
- Continuously keep the customer perspective in mind. Provide feedback to assist the team in delivering the best product possible for the customer.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE.
- Technical degree related to engines and/or minimum of 5 years of experience with high performance small engines
- Must have vehicle or engine testing knowledge and data acquisition and instrumentation experience.
- Prefer fluency with Microsoft Office software and data analysis tools including Concerto, Matlab, etc.
- Prefer experience with ETAS/INCA, AIM Data Acquisition and vehicle CAN
- Able to work in a team environment proficiently.
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
- Experience operating ATVs, off-road vehicles and snowmobiles
- Hands-on experience repairing / rebuilding small engines or automotive engines preferred
- Able to multitask, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently, with remote guidance, and/or in groups as necessary
- Travel as needed (~25%)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.