Systems Engineer – Displays/Gauges/InfotainmentWyoming, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
As an Embedded Control Systems Engineer in our Vehicle Electronics & Software (VES) organization you will lead the development and platforming of vehicle displays, gauges and In-Vehicle Infotainment units. You will work with the vehicle product teams to integrate these subsystems into all Polaris Global Business Unit (GBU) product families including Off Road Vehicle Side-by-Sides and ATVs, Slingshot, Indian motorcycles, and snowmobiles. This is an exciting role where the products you develop release to production on new vehicles at a very fast pace.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with the GBU product team’s electrical and system engineers to understand and decompose vehicle system level requirements into controller hardware and software requirements.
- Document requirements and validation tests using formal requirement and SW Application Lifecycle Management tools such as Confluence, JIRA, JAMA or Codebeamer.
- Interfaces with vendor(s) and Polaris Sourcing as needed for display/gauge development.
- Interfaces with other Subject Matter Experts to ensure I/O analysis is completed and communication protocols and messaging are defined.
- Support VES validation team to develop, document, & execute display/gauge, system, & GBU vehicle-level validation plans/procedures for HW and SW including MIL/SIL/HIL simulation and/or bench/vehicle testing.
- Work with the Polaris Cybersecurity team to develop secure architectures that continue to evolve as needed to ensure security as system complexity & threats evolve.
- Ensure system design practices incorporate process improvements to align with Functional Safety goals/standards. May include leading/participating in Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessments (HARA), Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis (DFMEA), and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), etc.
- Optimizes component design and manages re-use to serve multiple product lines and functionality requirements with the shortest design cycle times possible .
- Root cause analysis and troubleshooting. Triage and close tickets related to issues found during validation and vehicle testing.
- Other duties as required. Some (domestic and international) travel required.
- Hybrid work arrangement possible. Requirement is to reside within commuting distance of either Wyoming, MN or Novi, MI and able to work onsite multiple days per week.
SKILLS & KNOWLDGE
- B.S. or higher in Engineering required; Electrical, Software, or Computer Engineering desired
- 3+ years’ experience in design and/or implementation of controls required, experience related to vehicle controls/diagnostics/communication preferred.
- Experience with communication networks required, CAN, UDS, and J1939 strongly preferred.
- Experience with software and/or hardware V&V efforts and unit testing required, MIL/SIL/HIL experience preferred.
- Experience in effective problem solving and troubleshooting methods required
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced development environment required
- Familiarity with requirement and test case management required.
- Experience in Infotainment domain preferred.
- Experience with DFMEA, SFMEA, and Functional Safety strongly desired
- Embedded hardware, electronic circuit, and RF design experience a plus
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.