At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Polaris is an authorized DoD SkillBridge partner and has developed the Polaris Military Fellowship Program (PMFP). This Fellowship is a great opportunity for Active-Duty US Armed Forces Recruiters with authorization to participate in the DoD SkillBridge program as directed by their respective command.
The PMFP program would allow the qualified candidate to participate in a learning program designed around on-the-job training into a potential full-time opportunity of a role like the one in the description listed below.
As a Lean Facilitator, you will drive Polaris Production System and other Continuous Improvement initiatives throughout the Spirit Lake and Milford facilities. You will leverage fundamental lean principles and dynamic problem-solving skills to improve existing processes and set up new, incoming processes for success upon their introduction to the facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate on and lead kaizen events
- Track and support kaizen event action items to completion
- Design and build storage, handling and transport containers and devices, including CNC router designs
- Develop, maintain, and perform audits of facility 5S standards
- Work closely with New Product Introduction (NPI) team to support successful product launches
- Support implementation and track progress of VIP ideas
- Provide expertise and guidance in implementation of ergonomic improvements
- Participate and support administration of Layered Process Audits (LPAs)
- Support production area Autonomous Maintenance systems
- Coach Group Leads in sustainment of Tier 1 boards, problem solving, and other Daily Management processes
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Technical diploma or equivalent training preferred
- Previous manufacturing experience required
- Must be an independent self-starter with a strong customer focus
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to manage conflict and solve problems independently
- Must have demonstrated organizational and leadership skills
- Must have a working knowledge of PC software programs (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, email) including the ability to enter and retrieve data
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.