Program Manager - Off Road Vehicle ElectrificationNovi, MI
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Polaris is seeking a Program Manager for Off Road Vehicle Electrification. This position will lead, direct, & monitor design and development programs from concept to production to achieve product objectives on a specified schedule. This position will focus on platform management of Electric Off Road Vehicles and subsystems.
- Lead cross-functional, multi-site, program teams to meet project schedule, cost, quality, durability, performance and reliability requirements
- Responsible for the overall success of assigned programs; Will typically lead multiple programs throughout the calendar year, in support of model year introductions
- Plan project schedule, resources, and budget
- Direct programs using the Polaris Development Process (PDP), ensuring that all requirements are clearly defined, documented, and achieved. Hold PDP Milestone Reviews, as appropriate
- Report out on status to product teams and management via Project Status and PDP Reviews
- Collaborate with suppliers to use their design expertise where appropriate
- Monitor and manage the manufacturing, quality, and purchasing resources and activities on the team, to provide seamless coordination and issue resolution between all team members
- Support accessory and service part planning and execution, as appropriate
- Allocate and monitor resources and task assignments within the teams
- Coordinate issue resolution with functional managers
- Manage the assigned team to develop new product features, innovative approaches, breakthrough technologies, and improved processes
- Motivate the entire team ensuring cross-functional program success
- Assist functional managers to plan budgets and manpower forecasts
- Provide technical support for promotional materials, sales and marketing information, and service publications
- Coordinate issue resolution with functional managers
Experience & Skills
- BS Engineering Degree required. MBA strongly desired
- 8+ years of program leadership or engineering project leadership experience, in a similar industry
- Proven track record of program management
- Demonstrated progression of programs with increasing complexity, including experience in the Electric Powertrain field
- Demonstrated ability to clearly message complex program needs and status within all management levels of the organization
- Strong technical background
- Strong leadership skills and ability
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others. Demonstrated ability to form business inter-relationships with supporting managers, leaders, and staff
- Decisive and prone to action
- Must be quality-oriented and customer focused
- Excellent project planning, organizing, and administrative skills
- Extensive budget management experience
- Understand how program objectives, tools, and resources relate cross-functionally
Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent that meet or exceed standard expectations.
Collaborating with Others
Working together with others in a cooperative and supportive manner to achieve shared goals.
Customer Value Management
Developing customer value plans to create value for sales opportunities through effective communications and thorough knowledge of customers and markets.
Creating a welcoming environment that encourages different perspectives and new ideas, building a culture of curiosity, openness, and creativity across the organization and the wider community.
Holding yourself and others to high standards of accountability, and creating an infrastructure and transparent corporate culture that supports and measures personal and organizational responsibility and accountability.
- Fast paced office environment with regular multi-site interactions.
- Ability and interest to work in a development shop/lab environment as needed.
- Occasional on-vehicle testing and validation.
- Some travel required, typically ~20%
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.