Service Engineering ManagerPlymouth, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This role is responsible for owning all service activities across all product lines and will lead cross functional teams and the global service engineering team as it relates to new vehicle serviceability, service readiness and field resolution coordination. This individual acts as the liaison between all Service support functions, Engineering, Manufacturing, Corporate Quality, Safety, Legal, Corporate Communications, and Business Units to develop clear deliverables for field issues and internal/external communications. This role will also own the Connected Vehicle and diagnostic software (Digital Wrench) long range plans for the Service Organization
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Own the enterprise-wide process and comprehensive execution plans for field communications
- Work across the organization to coordinate the development, deployment, and monitoring of field communications. Own the action items and ensure responsibility clarity and alignment across all involved teams
- Drive initiatives to completion to implement lean processes, controls, communication methods, and milestone success metrics for future field campaigns
- Engage executive business leaders and create alignment on recommendation pre-approvals
- Manage 3rd party relationships and project execution regarding post-launch completion initiatives
- Monitor the success of recalls post-launch to determine effectiveness and implement corrective action controls when required
- Frequently develop and deliver progress updates to leadership and Exec teams on overall status and individual campaign performance
Develop and maintain processes, procedures, and controls to integrate serviceability into new vehicles
- Develop and maintain lean processes that enable Service Engineers to efficiently integrate into new vehicle development and launch
- Own the Service Engineer integration in the PDP and gate review process, ensuring involvement early and often
- Ensure product launches occur with 100% service readiness including Digital Wrench, parts, service publications and special tools
- Integrate Service teams into new product launches to drive general service preparedness
- Manage 3rd party vendor relationships, invoicing, and dealer billing
Own the connected vehicle and diagnostic software strategy
- Own the long-range plan and strategy for Service to integrate vehicle connected data into dealer and service operations
- Manage the roadmap and introduction of new connected features & capabilities specific to service
- Represent the electronic service tool (Digital Wrench) user interface, distribution strategy & financials
- Stay abreast of new connected vehicle & electronic service tool technologies
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent project management skills, experience and ability to persuade and guide teams without direct reporting structure
- Strong communication skills (written & oral) at all levels including Exec communications
- Ability to lead direct reports and indirectly motivate & influence others at all levels
- Self-directed with strong personal initiative
- Professionalism, strong customer service skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects within tight deadlines and firm schedules.
- Effective decision-making, problem solving and negotiating skills.
- Ability to embrace a fast-paced environment and change course quickly
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other related engineering degree
- 5 - 7 years of engineering and project management experience
- Strong product and industry knowledge including dealer service operations
- Understanding of vehicle communication systems & issue diagnostics
- Knowledge of regulatory (CPSC, NHTSA, EPA) reporting and recall requirements relating to powersports products
- General office environment between all Twin Cities offices
- Heavy workload during field campaign launches
- Up to 20% travel
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.