Product Safety CounselMedina, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Manages and provides legal advice to the company on all aspects of product safety issues and product regulatory affairs globally. Identifies and helps manage risks to the business by serving as a trusted advisor counseling Business Units, Safety & Quality, Engineering, Operations, and other relevant management and product development teams on all aspects of international product safety and product regulatory compliance with special focus on NHTSA, CPSC, ROHVA, EPA/CARB, and their foreign equivalents. The ideal candidate will have expertise in regulatory compliance methodologies and possess managerial courage, emotional strength and maturity, excellent business partnership and relationship-building skills, and be comfortable working in multi-functional teams with management-facing, global responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as collaborative team member on legal issues related to product safety and risk management in the U.S. and globally across all company product lines, developing and implementing regulatory awareness and compliance strategies and policies.
- Work closely with and provide valued legal advice to the Engineering, Safety & Quality, Operations and other teams across the company on issues related to product safety, risk assessment, safety messaging, safety research initiatives, consumer safety campaigns and policy development, the deployment of emerging / innovative technology, and the evaluation of safety critical systems and processes.
- Identify, keep abreast of, interpret and effectively communicate on an ongoing basis product safety and product regulatory decisions, hurdles, modifications and issues that impact the company’s products, services and organization – including emerging technologies and government / military products.
- Review and augment business agreements and contracts to address product regulatory compliance.
- Develop and draft policies, procedures and training programs to assist the company in adhering to product safety and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Effectively evaluate and establish global strategies for regulatory labeling and product safety messaging in and on all company products, technical publications, operator manuals and marketing materials from both a regulatory and end user product perspective.
- Proactively engage and work with industry associations as a thought-leader, speaker and influencer.
- Partner with outside counsel when needed.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 8+ years of experience as a practicing attorney in the area of product safety and product regulatory affairs (in-house or external).
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. product safety and product regulatory compliance rules and regulations; International knowledge and experience preferred
- Demonstrates managerial and leadership courage.
- High levels of integrity, ethics and, emotional intelligence, strength and maturity.
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership courage and innovative thinking.
- Excellent communication and advocacy skills (both verbally and written).
- Strong organizational skills, ability to juggle multiple priorities & meet short deadlines, and work in a very fast-paced, but cooperative, work environment.
- Strong advocacy, negotiation, interpersonal, and legal research skills.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.