Mgr, Territory Sales & Dealer DevelopmentDenver, CO
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This position requires a highly motivated Dealer Sales & Business Development representative focused on continuously improving Polaris and Non-Polaris dealership sales strategies that drive profitable business growth, while improving engagement from the Polaris ORV sales team. This Dealer Sales & Business Development representative is responsible for developing sales objectives, goal setting/metrics identification, customer relationships, and execution across the dealer channel, for the Apex brands (Pro Armor, Kolpin and Trail Tech). Success in the role requires balancing the need to engage non-Polaris dealers (by selling Apex products that supports the strategy to profit from selling Aftermarket products on other OEM’s wholegoods) and pushing Polaris dealerships to engage for mult-line aftermarket products
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute a per-product strategic sales plan to deliver sales targets by engaging dealers in programs and influencing dealer behaviors
- Train dealers and their staff on product features & benefits to ensure they are well equipped for successful retail performance
- Integrate deep customer knowledge, insight, and intimacy into the Apex / Polaris business planning and forecasting processes - product roadmap, pricing decisions, and market potential
- Creates and executes customer and partner influence/visit plans
- Establish, communicate, and deliver sales targets for core product lines while providing actionable insights and recommendations on competitive challenges, channel / customer requirements, and product-related feedback.
- Ensure OEM sales team leadership and team members understand the aftermarket revenue and profit opportunity that exists with the Powersports Aftermarket Portfolio.
- Ensure OEM sales team leadership and team members are trained on new products, customers & programs in order to deliver superior customer excellence
- Plan and obtain a specific action plan for key Focus Dealers to achieve amplified dollar per unit targeted lift by influencing dealers.
- Support corporate shows & events along with Parts, Accessories & Apparel related dealer activities.
- Identification of customer needs/issues and potential champion(s) to include product gaps
- Support development and execution of pricing actions and consumer promotions, product launches, regional events, and channel /program incentives
- Provide detailed monthly sales forecasts, performance dashboards, and countermeasure recommendations to the respective business leaders for various channels and customer types
- Play an integral role in the SIOP process for all Apex consumer businesses (Pro Armor, Kolpin and Trail Tech)
- Partner with Supply Chain, Engineering, and Product Development to deliver Brand excellence and drive improvements in product innovation, consumer relevance, service, and margin enhancement,
- Provide timely and actionable channel and customer feedback to business leaders
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in business or an equivalent field, with an emphasis in Sales or Marketing or 5+ years of relevant experience in dealer / channel development.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing a clear strategy and delivering results
- Powersports experience is preferred, particularly in sales and marketing
- Self-motivated, proactive, focused high-achiever who consistently delivers results and has the ability to make rapid adjustments in response to industry changes.
- Highly collaborative and a relationship developer who can develop strong partnerships at multiple levels internally and externally to achieve results.
- Excellent written, negotiation, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Customer focused
- PC skills - Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Self-starter and problem solver
- Proven ability to promote competitive advantage through representation of a varied portfolio of product, technical and brand attributes
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills including the ability to identify trends and develop appropriate countermeasure strategies as needed
- Remote with occasional time spent in Polaris’ Plymouth, MN offices
- Frequent travel (65%) to facilitate customer engagement and industry events expected
- Fast-paced office environment
- Operate with minimal supervision
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.