Feature Systems EngineerNovi, MI
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
- Systems Engineering position created to define and develop features to be implemented in our future global control system platforms
- This role will lead cross functional System Design discussions of how electrical controls designs are developed within Polaris. As a Feature Development Lead, you will be responsible for developing common features and controls design that can be leveraged across Polaris’ product portfolio. This position will own the across vehicle functionality to support their feature(s) and define/support downstream design requirements.
- This role will include presenting to Polaris leadership technical and business-related material centered around the way features are developed across Product Groups. This is a key technical leadership development position, shaping the future of Polaris products for years to come.
- This is a highly visible role. Your success in this position will not only depend on your technical expertise but also your business acumen and soft skills: strong internal motivation, ability to articulate Return on Investment not only for the Product Teams but Polaris overall, empathy for your colleagues, ability to influence, ability to counter with rational arguments in the face of strong challenges by equally skilled colleagues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enable features to be designed/provisioned for efficient insertion across all of Polaris “Not just within a particular Product Group”
- Lead faster feature and requirement development (Especially early on in ECU development)
- Create a “funnel” for features to be developed for the betterment of Polaris as a whole.
- Enhance platforming mindset and capabilities with a focus on extensibility and modularity to allow flexibility and continued future evolution with minimal incremental effort and time.
- Enables better “Platform Feature development” outside/ahead of PDP Vehicle Development
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. or higher in Electrical, Computer, Mechanical or similar Engineering field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience with control system development required, with preferred experience in powersports, automotive, or agriculture fields.
- Experience with DFMEA, SFMEA, and Functional Safety preferred
- Experience with ISO 26262 and IEC 61508 preferred
- Experience with vehicle communication networks required; CAN, J1939 and UDS strongly preferred
- System engineering mindset, with proven experience platforming complex systems.
- Process oriented mindset for adherence to engineering rigor.
- Experience in requirements management
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced development environment required
- Strong interpersonal skills required, with the ability to put yourself in a technical sales mindset as you interact with the product groups and suppliers.
- Self-driven and comfortable operating in ambiguity.
- Experience in effective problem solving
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.