Engineering SupervisorHuntsville, AL
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Responsible for leading a technical team and establishing and implementing the most cost-efficient methods for production. Plans and coordinates the activities necessary to produce specified products within safety, quality and cost standards. Also ensures schedule compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and updates process documentation and procedure instruction.
- Conducts direct labor studies using acceptable engineering practices and establishes standards on operations, set up and workstation layout.
- Defines tooling and fixturing used in the manufacturing process. Coordinates with tool designers to specify or procure new tooling, fixtures and ideas and fixtures.
- Analyzes and evaluates manufacturing methods and standards. Provides solution to problems that adversely affect operator safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
- Conducts direct labor studies using acceptable engineering practices and establishes standards on operations, set up, and workstation layout.
- Identifies areas of unnecessary cost. Researches methods and procedures for cost reduction, work cell development and material flow improvement.
- Assists in development and troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment.
- Reviews preliminary designs, making recommendations to reduce costs and improve manufacturing and quality on new or existing parts.
- Develops detailed, complete and accurate capital equipment studies and makes appropriate recommendations for capital expenditures.
- Assists in preparation of departmental budget including material, manpower, equipment and outside procurement costs, and operates within approved parameters.
- Reviews and evaluates cost pertaining to make vs. buy decisions and new product development.
- Process purchase requisitions and records as required.
- Team members are expected to work wherever needed based on training.
- Work in safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations.
- Maintain a neat, clean, orderly work area.
- Complete company provided training.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. in Engineering related field, preferably in Industrial, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering
- 3+ years of Manufacturing Engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience leading a team preferred
- Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills required
- Proficiency with PC's
- Understanding of SPC
- Strong Project Management skills
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.