At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Using MRP/CRP/MAPICS/AS400 and other PC skills, the Plant Planner is responsible for inventory control, which includes expediting materials and parts purchased to meet production schedules and expected delivery dates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform cycle counts for inventory accuracy, reconcile results, and ensure stop-gap actions are in place to prevent reoccurrence.
- Liaises with central planners to locate parts and expedite work
- Performs cycle counts of materials and documents discrepancies on a routine basis.
- Helps to identify root causes of inventory discrepancies and suggest ways to improve or correct the issues.
- Provide internal customer support
- Run daily shortage report and take needed action for resolution
- Controlling inventory levels and ensuring that turnover targets are achieved in assigned commodities
- Analyzing inventory for opportunity to improve turns and identify excess
- Assist Central Planners in resolving invoice discrepancies
- Process VDO Orders as needed per the VDO Order Process
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- 1-3 years previous planning/inventory control experience
- Knowledge of MRP systems
- Must have current PC/software proficiency including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access & Outlook) and AS400
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage and be efficient with multiple tasks
- Two or four year college degree
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.