At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Responsible for leading materials purchasing of global Parts, Garments and Accessories (PG&A), encompassing over 50K products and over 500 global internal and external suppliers. Demonstrate strong customer focus and leadership of strategy, team, process and technology to deliver best-in-class availability for aftersales customers (dealers and consumers). Demonstrate strong fiscal and process discipline to reduce waste, obsolescence and total supply chain costs. Collaborate effectively with suppliers, sourcing, product teams, trade compliance, logistics and finance to achieve strategic objectives and drive continuous improvement of customer and financial performance. Establish and advance a strategic roadmap which achieves annual and long-range/5-year objectives. Inspire, engage, coach and equip the purchasing team to maximize teamwork, grow talent and team capability, and achieve excellence. This leadership position plays a critical role in PG&A supply chain teams’ vision to deliver availability, capability and reliability which is a source of advantage for our brands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership vision, business knowledge and direction to PG&A Purchasing organization
- Enable industry leading dealer satisfaction scores for availability
- Support the Category teams to achieve revenue, gross profit, $/unit goals, fill rate, and inventory turn goals
- Collaborate with business partners within PGA & across the company to improve supply chain performance
- Leverage people, process and KPI to maximize supplier/vendor performance, development and capability
- Identify and seize opportunities to improve purchase order management efficiency
- Evaluate purchasing technology and recommend improvements to drive results and new capabilities
- Negotiate contracts and purchasing agreements
- Develop creative solutions & controls to mitigate the risk of inventory excess and obsolescence
- Proactively communicate status of metrics to Supply Chain, Category and Senior Leadership
- Manage special projects to effectively execute on changing business demands
- Develop Purchasing Round Table & work with Production/Central Planning to drive best practices
- Drive Standard Work improvements and ensures compliance across PGA purchasing organization
- Oversee team management of daily trackers, standard work, reporting and communication
- Assess training needs and drive for continuous skill improvement in the department.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- College bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred, and 10+ years inventory/purchasing experience
- In-depth knowledge of supply chain cost drivers
- Ability to negotiate and gain energy from solving complex problems
- Proven leadership and employee development
- Ability to effectively prioritize major initiatives in a fast-paced office environment
- Lean certification desired
- APICS certification a plus
- Fast paced office environment
- 15-20% travel for DC, supplier and dealer visits
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.